TDRL and Medical Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pac942

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I know the VA does not prescribe or provide medical marijuana. I was wondering if you went to a doc on your own and got a prescription while on TDRL if you would then run into issues. If you live in a state where you legally obtain a mmj card, and test positive at the VA what effect if any would this have on TDRL.

UCMJ continues to apply to retirees. i have no idea if a retiree, TDRL or PDRL, would be prosecuted.

Thanks for the replies guys.

"Notwithstanding Barker [v. Kansas, 503 U.S. 594, 605 (1992)] and its implications regarding the tax status of retired pay, we are firmly convinced that those in a retired status remain “members” of the land and Naval forces who may face court-martial. As the appellant was in a retired status during the offenses and the proceedings, he was validly subject to court-martial."
United States v. Dinger, 76 M.J. 552, No. 201600108 (N.M. Ct. Crim. App. Mar. 28, 2017)

"Notwithstanding Barker [v. Kansas, 503 U.S. 594, 605 (1992)] and its implications regarding the tax status of retired pay, we are firmly convinced that those in a retired status remain “members” of the land and Naval forces who may face court-martial. As the appellant was in a retired status during the offenses and the proceedings, he was validly subject to court-martial."
United States v. Dinger, 76 M.J. 552, No. 201600108 (N.M. Ct. Crim. App. Mar. 28, 2017)

Joshua James Frey is clear: “Without medical marijuana I would be dead.”

This Marine Corps veteran is a two-time Purple Heart awardee. He is among the former warfighters, led by the American Legion, who are on the frontlines of the fight for a sensible, federal medical marijuana policy.

They are pushing a reluctant Uncle Sam to catch up with overwhelming public opinion that favors allowing cannabis for medical use. We covered the Legion’s Capitol Hill press conference on Thursday with Frey, other veterans and a bipartisan group from Congress. Veterans, among the most respected citizens, are a potent force in the effort to move the federal government from a backward, anti-marijuana stance that resembles the 1936 melodramatic film propaganda of “Reefer Madness” more than today’s reality of widespread medical cannabis use.

Now, we hear the stories of two veterans who use medical marijuana and one who didn’t, but whose mother believes would be alive if he did. In powerful, emotional statements at the news conference, they all complained about the dangers of the drug cocktails prescribed by doctors who are prohibited from even discussing the marijuana that has proven far more beneficial for the two vets. Their stories differ starkly from a presidential commission on drug addiction report this month that said “there is a lack of sophisticated outcome data on dose, potency, and abuse potential for marijuana.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...a-use-in-defiance-of-backward-federal-policy/

Jose Belen claims that without medical cannabis he would likely be dead. Belen believes that the Schedule I classification of cannabis is unconstitutional. Now, he is suing Jeff Sessions to do something about it.

https://herb.co/marijuana/news/jose-belen-ptsd-veterans-suing-jeff-sessions/

We’ll take the risk.

The medications many of us were/are prescribed causes side effects worse than the ailments they treat. That’s then unfortunate truth.
Then they prescribe stuff to treat the side effects of other meds.
I was able to get off a 20 pill/day regime and use only medical cannabis in a legal FL program. I’m not hiding, I am “friends” with OSI agents in Facebook and my profile is 100% public. I’ve been in the media publicly as well. I’m tdrl. They can come and get it if that’s what they want with a legal nightmare.

I received my medical marijuana card a couple years ago because I herniated my L4, L5, and L6 spinal discs. My primary care just kept pushing opioids and gabapentin, which is kind of like a muscle relaxer, and I was not comfortable with this.
During the day, if I`m having a difficult time managing my back pain, I take cbd tablets or use cbd oils.

The questions presented by the OP were answered more than two years ago. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.