TDRL Final Coming Up

dadof2ishard

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Howdy Fellow PEB Folks,

Got my final re eval coming up, over the past 3 years ive been in and out of school, left jobs due to panic attacks, currenly unemployed, i see VA docs on regular and take the most heavy hitting meds out there. Nightmare, insomia, irratable, marriage problems, isolate, Was wanting to get a outlook on what my odds are gonna be getting put on PDRL.

Howdy Fellow PEB Folks,

Got my final re eval coming up, over the past 3 years ive been in and out of school, left jobs due to panic attacks, currenly unemployed, i see VA docs on regular and take the most heavy hitting meds out there. Nightmare, insomia, irratable, marriage problems, isolate, Was wanting to get a outlook on what my odds are gonna be getting put on PDRL.
They have to put you on PDRL once you hit 3 years. If you don't get your TDRL exam before 3 years you get 0% and nothing so just make sure to have that TDRL examination and if they come back with a lower % that you disagree with make sure to fight it!

What if they cant schedule it before the TDRL experation date ? On the orders it says that if examination is conpleted after TDRL expires, and im placed on PDRL everything will be back dated. Anyone else having this issue

What if they cant schedule it before the TDRL expiration date ? On the orders it says that if examination is completed after TDRL expires, and im placed on PDRL everything will be back dated. Anyone else having this issue
yeah as long as you have exam before it expires you are good. No exam within the 3 years = falling off the roles and no way to get back on it. Now the downside of getting exam right before your 3 year TDRL term is up is that you lose pay and Tricare until they get everything settled. Even if backdated its a bit of a nightmare since healthcare bills add up and no paycheck even if you end up getting it finalized on PDRL. I would use VA healthcare exclusively during that gap so as to not have to deal with trying to get all of your healthcare bills paid. I don't want to even think about how late fees and interest are settled in that scenario.

I have already secured healthcare through .gov, ive been keeping in contact with the PEBLO and TDRL folks, buts been almost a month and i still dont have appt for re eval my TDRL expires at end of Feb 2023

I have already secured healthcare through .gov, ive been keeping in contact with the PEBLO and TDRL folks, buts been almost a month and i still dont have appt for re eval my TDRL expires at end of Feb 2023
Just make sure to bug them more and more as you get closer to your 3 year date for TDRL. If you don't get seen by the end of this month I would start making some phone calls to ensure I am taken care of. To me I find it unacceptable that the military is cutting it so close. They should be able to have TDRL appointments for everyone within 24 months.

Due to covid they are taking longer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221210_113943_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210_113943_Gmail.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 23
No

Maybe, some TDRL reviews are paperwork drills. Send the paperwork to your contact and ask.

They have to put you on PDRL once you hit 3 years. If you don't get your TDRL exam before 3 years you get 0% and nothing so just make sure to have that TDRL examination and if they come back with a lower % that you disagree with make sure to fight it!
This is partially incorrect the way it is worded.

- They don't have to put you on PDRL at all. In addition to PDRL, you could also be found FIT, or you could be found UNFIT but less than 30%, so your retirement could turn into a separation with severance.

- Also, all of this can happen well before 36 months. You can't go past 36, but it can certainly happen early.

What branch?

Just make sure to bug them more and more as you get closer to your 3 year date for TDRL. If you don't get seen by the end of this month I would start making some phone calls to ensure I am taken care of. To me I find it unacceptable that the military is cutting it so close. They should be able to have TDRL appointments for everyone within 24 months.
Is that 3 years from the "date convened" on my DA199? That was in March of 2022. It says "with a reevaluation in December 2022" and I haven't heard anything and now mid Jan.. Is that normal or do you think I need to reach out to someone? Thank you

Is that 3 years from the "date convened" on my DA199? That was in March of 2022. It says "with a reevaluation in December 2022" and I haven't heard anything and now mid Jan.. Is that normal or do you think I need to reach out to someone? Thank you
I would reach out and ask.

Get ahold of the TDRL office and see what they say, every hospital is back up'd for re eval appts, so the sooner the better. Im very surprised they haved extended the 3 year TDRL yet to accompany the back log

Get ahold of the TDRL office and see what they say, every hospital is back up'd for re eval appts, so the sooner the better. Im very surprised they haved extended the 3 year TDRL yet to accompany the back log
By law they can't extend it beyond 3 years. That's why its a big deal and urgent if you are getting close to 3 year mark without a TDRL exam.

So as long as you got the re evaluation you are good as far as not getting kicked out the program.