script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

TDRL - Final Exam Question

vision2019

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was medically retired from the Air Force and placed on TDRL in October 2019 with overall 60% VA and 50% DOD ratings. I've since moved to a new state to start a new job and am wondering how/when I'll be contacted for the final exam or if that's something I need to initiate myself. I haven't heard anything since I was separated so I just want to know how the process normally goes.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Did you update your address and phone number in DEERS via E-Benefits?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
You should be in good shape. From being on this forum for many years, I have gathered that follow up on TDRL is very sporadic.

vision2019

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Also, didn't want to make an entirely new thread but I have a knee problem that I got seen for while still active duty but after completing my exams at the VA. It's only gotten worse so I went to urgent care today and was referred to orthopedics. Would I be able to add it to my claim during the final exam or should I do something about that now?

Kgordo22

Registered Member
I am in the same boat. Put on TDRL in September 2018. I have yet to hear anything about my final exam.

FmrArmyAvatr

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was proactive and called the Army TDRL office once a week starting at the one year mark. Got to know the MSG that answered the phone. I don't know if it was my constant persistence in checking on my status, but my re-evaluation process was initiated and now I have another two month wait until the exam. I want to get this over with asap.

jhurdt

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was proactive and called the Army TDRL office once a week starting at the one year mark. Got to know the MSG that answered the phone. I don't know if it was my constant persistence in checking on my status, but my re-evaluation process was initiated and now I have another two month wait until the exam. I want to get this over with asap.

How long have you been on TDRL? Have you gotten reevaluated by the VA?

FmrArmyAvatr

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’m at month 16 on the TDRL, my re-eval will be right at the 18th month mark. I have not been re-evaluated by the VA for MH and don’t plan on it unless my re-eval gives me a reason to.