TDRL for 10yrs without ever doing the 18mo or 5yr examination

linkin223

Registered Member
I was placed on TDRL from the Navy in November of 2006. I was rated 30% by the military and 60% by the VA. I was on TDRL for the first 5 years and then it suddenly stopped and my Tricare cut out too. I never got a phone call or any mail to tell me to schedule an appointment for the 18mo intervals to be re examined. I've called the PDRL office in Tennessee a couple times, talked to someone named Pam, they took my info and was supposed to schedule me. That was 3 to 4 yrs ago. Nothing happened. I do have extreme anxiety and it's really hard to talk to these people and try to do this myself. So I'm reaching out to you all here. Who do I call to get this taken care of? I need to get this over with so I can get back on Tricare and get my family covered. My disability rating from the VA hasn't changed and I just need info on what to do, if anything. I live in Sacramento, CA. Not sure if that is important or not, but just in case.

Thanks,
Chad Mitchell

pittpan2005

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I would contact PERS-82 at 1.866.827.5672. You might also contact the San Diego Veterans Legal Clinic, Veterans Legal Institute, University of California Irvine Veterans Legal Clinic, or NVLSP.org.

TOT31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was placed on TDRL from the Navy in November of 2006. I was rated 30% by the military and 60% by the VA. I was on TDRL for the first 5 years and then it suddenly stopped and my Tricare cut out too. I never got a phone call or any mail to tell me to schedule an appointment for the 18mo intervals to be re examined. I've called the PDRL office in Tennessee a couple times, talked to someone named Pam, they took my info and was supposed to schedule me. That was 3 to 4 yrs ago. Nothing happened. I do have extreme anxiety and it's really hard to talk to these people and try to do this myself. So I'm reaching out to you all here. Who do I call to get this taken care of? I need to get this over with so I can get back on Tricare and get my family covered. My disability rating from the VA hasn't changed and I just need info on what to do, if anything. I live in Sacramento, CA. Not sure if that is important or not, but just in case.

Thanks,
Chad Mitchell
Was your TDRL placement based off of a mental disability?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">