TDRL Medical Marijuana Risk losing PDRL?

Also on Tdrl and did the same. About a year and a month after I was discharged was the first and only time I heard from the army. They said I’d have an upcoming appt in 30-60. I had my appt, increased %.
I received a letter in the mail saying I was p&t. I thought this was the alternative to Tdrl so immediately I started looking for an indica to help sleep/make these migraines somewhat bearable.
Did labs last week without a worry in the world because I thought I was free.
Fast forward to yesterday, 17 months after discharge and I’m sitting in a shop about to get my throat tatted and I get an email from dod saying my packet has been submitted to peb to determine Tdrl or permanent.
I believe I may be f’ed
Yep. Looks like the VA checked you out later and determined the condition static. That is completely different than TDRL exams. You can have more than 1 exam and in your case it makes complete sense. They examined you and stated it changed and got worse so they changed your % and kept you on TDRL since your condition isn't stable. Now they are checking you out again and they will most likely give you a final rating as they don't have much time left before the TDRL period expires.

Hello,

That letter may have been generated by the VA since Permanent and Total (P&T) is a VA term, not the DoD.

The Army/DoD letter would cite "Permanent" as in Permanent Disability Retired List (PDRL) and provide a percentage.

Has your condition improved since you were placed on the TDRL? It would seem that would be a key factor.

Full disclosure: I am out of my lane on this one.

Ron
cc: @chaplaincharlie @Provis
No sir. It was odd too that the dod said I was getting a checkup because I had applied for an increase which the Va granted. I had appts scheduled back to back with the same telehealth contractor.
Hoping dod looks at everything SINCE my reevaluation and nothing after.

Yep. Looks like the VA checked you out later and determined the condition static. That is completely different than TDRL exams. You can have more than 1 exam and in your case it makes complete sense. They examined you and stated it changed and got worse so they changed your % and kept you on TDRL since your condition isn't stable. Now they are checking you out again and they will most likely give you a final rating as they don't have much time left before the TDRL period expires.
Thank you so much for the response. I’ve been panicking the past couple days thinking I’d get a call from someone dod to come piss.

You will not get a straight answer because there is none to give. That is why there are so many post on this topic.

It is your decision how much risk you are willing to take.

Also on Tdrl and did the same. About a year and a month after I was discharged was the first and only time I heard from the army. They said I’d have an upcoming appt in 30-60. I had my appt, increased %.
I received a letter in the mail saying I was p&t. I thought this was the alternative to Tdrl so immediately I started looking for an indica to help sleep/make these migraines somewhat bearable.
Did labs last week without a worry in the world because I thought I was free.
Fast forward to yesterday, 17 months after discharge and I’m sitting in a shop about to get my throat tatted and I get an email from dod saying my packet has been submitted to peb to determine Tdrl or permanent.
I believe I may be f’ed
Yeah, so unless your condition has greatly improved chances are the re-exam needed from the Army won't be needed anymore especially since you got P&T from the VA. The TDRL re-exam is only needed if you have not a had a sufficient VA exam that addresses the conditions that are listed on your DA199 (the conditions that prevented you from continuing to serve). "I get an email from dod saying my packet has been submitted to peb to determine Tdrl or permanent."... This means your packet has gone straight to the PEB, no re-exam needed. So make sure you look out for a call or email from your PEBLO soon because once the PEB makes a determination you only have 6 calendar days to concur or non concur with the Army rating %. Keep in mind VA % and Army % are two separate things. Statistically, your % rating from the Army will stay the same, if you concur and have no issues with what the PEB gives you your case goes back to the TDRL so they can cut your TDRL removal and Permanent Retirement orders. I don't think you're in any danger here.