TDRL re-evaluation

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good evening, everyone:

It's been a while since I have been on here. It's been about 14 or so months since I officially separated from the Navy and was placed on the TDRL. I moved recently, so I contacted PERS-9 to make sure my address was up to date. I was told I had been added to the list for upcoming reviews. When I heard this, I became both anxious and nervous. I don't have anything set in stone as far as a date or location, yet. I have been seen primarily by the VA for my mental health disorder that caused my separation, so all of my records are with them. I am currently drawing SSDI, as well. Would that be helpful to mention for the re-evaluation? To even begin to show ANY improvement, I am on a handful of medications (to include anti-depressant, mood stabilizer, and anti-anxiety meds) to help with depression, anxiety, and nightmares, but I'm NOWHERE near "back to normal." My intent would to either be placed on the PDRL or stay TDRL for now...I have no intention of going back, as I'm still in no condition to work or do anything remotely related to the military. With all of this, are there any words of advise of things to do in the mean time until I hear about when and where I'm going?

Thank you!

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good evening, everyone:

It's been a while since I have been on here. It's been about 14 or so months since I officially separated from the Navy and was placed on the TDRL. I moved recently, so I contacted PERS-9 to make sure my address was up to date. I was told I had been added to the list for upcoming reviews. When I heard this, I became both anxious and nervous. I don't have anything set in stone as far as a date or location, yet. I have been seen primarily by the VA for my mental health disorder that caused my separation, so all of my records are with them. I am currently drawing SSDI, as well. Would that be helpful to mention for the re-evaluation? To even begin to show ANY improvement, I am on a handful of medications (to include anti-depressant, mood stabilizer, and anti-anxiety meds) to help with depression, anxiety, and nightmares, but I'm NOWHERE near "back to normal." My intent would to either be placed on the PDRL or stay TDRL for now...I have no intention of going back, as I'm still in no condition to work or do anything remotely related to the military. With all of this, are there any words of advise of things to do in the mean time until I hear about when and where I'm going?

Thank you!
Hello,

I am not a mental health professional nor do I have other experience in that field.

My recommendation: Explain your situation as you have done on this board. Your medical history with the VA likely will be an important part of the evaluation.

Be yourself...

Good luck,
Ron

Guardguy11

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I don't have any experience with TDRL, but I would follow Ron's advice. Be yourself and tell the truth about how you feel on your worst days. They will be able to tell where you are at in your "recovery". I will follow this post because I imagine I will get a TDRL myself and I am curious how the process works.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I found out I have to go to Ft. Leavenworth, KS for my evaluation. Should be within the next month.

Thanks for the advise so far. I guess I'm more just curious on how the process goes. Is it the same as with my PEB the first time around? Like will I get a NARSUM to review before they forward it to DC? I just would like to know what to look forward to.

Thanks!

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
You go to an exam they will want a run down of what you have been doing since discharged some are quick some are long depends on examiner I would tell them you are on SSDI as well, you are supposed to get a copy of the exam (usually a DBQ) and can concur or rebut the exam before it goes before the board.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You go to an exam they will want a run down of what you have been doing since discharged some are quick some are long depends on examiner I would tell them you are on SSDI as well, you are supposed to get a copy of the exam (usually a DBQ) and can concur or rebut the exam before it goes before the board.
Okay! Thanks for that. I just wasn't sure of what was going to happen.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just to follow up with everyone. I got my re-evaluation scheduled within the next couple of weeks. I admit, I am pretty nervous and anxious for this. I will update more as things progress.

Has anyone had experience with the TDRL re-evaluation, and what were your experiences with going from TDRL to PDRL? Were you asked during your interview if you want to go PDRL? How will all of this work?

Hunter23

Registered Member
i Was placed on TDRL with army rating me at 80% and the VA at 90%. Both physical and mental health. My last day of service was 4/25/18........ I’m going to be very blunt and straight forward. If I need to go further in to detail about any of the appointments, missing appointments or anything just ask and I’ll do so. i Like to get straight to the point....

I have gone to my regular scheduled appointments for behavioral health every month. I have missed several due to my work schedule.

I was scheduled for an evaluation in Nov, 2018. At the evaluation I met with the Dr. and all we did was discuss my behavioral health. He asked how treatment was going, he asked how I was doing on a day to day basis. He briefly looked at what my dr had written In the notes. We discussed how the treatment was going and he basically just wanted discuss the diagnosis, and find out if treatment was helping. He told me that he would send the packet of for it to be re-evaluated and that would send me a letter letting me know what their decision would be and that it could me anywhere from 2-4 months before I received anything. The end of Dec. I received a letter verifying that my Ratings stayed at 90% and that I will continue with treatment while staying on the TDRL.

all I can say is keep a copy of your records that are related to your issue. Discuss your issues if you have any pertaining to your condition getting worse or if you feel that your treatment just isn’t helping. Take advantage of asking questions and finding out more info about how the TDRL process works.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
i Was placed on TDRL with army rating me at 80% and the VA at 90%. Both physical and mental health. My last day of service was 4/25/18........ I’m going to be very blunt and straight forward. If I need to go further in to detail about any of the appointments, missing appointments or anything just ask and I’ll do so. i Like to get straight to the point....

I have gone to my regular scheduled appointments for behavioral health every month. I have missed several due to my work schedule.

I was scheduled for an evaluation in Nov, 2018. At the evaluation I met with the Dr. and all we did was discuss my behavioral health. He asked how treatment was going, he asked how I was doing on a day to day basis. He briefly looked at what my dr had written In the notes. We discussed how the treatment was going and he basically just wanted discuss the diagnosis, and find out if treatment was helping. He told me that he would send the packet of for it to be re-evaluated and that would send me a letter letting me know what their decision would be and that it could me anywhere from 2-4 months before I received anything. The end of Dec. I received a letter verifying that my Ratings stayed at 90% and that I will continue with treatment while staying on the TDRL.

all I can say is keep a copy of your records that are related to your issue. Discuss your issues if you have any pertaining to your condition getting worse or if you feel that your treatment just isn’t helping. Take advantage of asking questions and finding out more info about how the TDRL process works.
Got it! I already had my re-evaluation. Just waiting for the doctor's write up and then hearing back from the PEB. I appreciate your reply, though!

Hunter23

Registered Member
i recently found out about this forum and it has been extremely helpful but I still have a few questions. Like they say by law they have to make a final decision at the end of you tdrl....... but it also states if no decision is made that when your tdrl expires that’s it. No money no nothing. I’m so fucking confused on all this. Hell im trying to figure out who my Pablo,is when my tdrl is expired, if I’m due for an eval. I’m fucking stressed over this

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
i recently found out about this forum and it has been extremely helpful but I still have a few questions. Like they say by law they have to make a final decision at the end of you tdrl....... but it also states if no decision is made that when your tdrl expires that’s it. No money no nothing. I’m so fucking confused on all this. Hell im trying to figure out who my Pablo,is when my tdrl is expired, if I’m due for an eval. I’m fucking stressed over this
Which branch were you? I’d call the POC for your branch. You more than likely won’t get assigned a PEBLO until you’re due for a re-evaluation. For the Navy, we have people in Millington who deal with TDRL. They assign us where to go for the evaluation and stuff like that.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">