TDRL re-evaluation

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good evening, everyone:

It's been a while since I have been on here. It's been about 14 or so months since I officially separated from the Navy and was placed on the TDRL. I moved recently, so I contacted PERS-9 to make sure my address was up to date. I was told I had been added to the list for upcoming reviews. When I heard this, I became both anxious and nervous. I don't have anything set in stone as far as a date or location, yet. I have been seen primarily by the VA for my mental health disorder that caused my separation, so all of my records are with them. I am currently drawing SSDI, as well. Would that be helpful to mention for the re-evaluation? To even begin to show ANY improvement, I am on a handful of medications (to include anti-depressant, mood stabilizer, and anti-anxiety meds) to help with depression, anxiety, and nightmares, but I'm NOWHERE near "back to normal." My intent would to either be placed on the PDRL or stay TDRL for now...I have no intention of going back, as I'm still in no condition to work or do anything remotely related to the military. With all of this, are there any words of advise of things to do in the mean time until I hear about when and where I'm going?

Thank you!

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good evening, everyone:

It's been a while since I have been on here. It's been about 14 or so months since I officially separated from the Navy and was placed on the TDRL. I moved recently, so I contacted PERS-9 to make sure my address was up to date. I was told I had been added to the list for upcoming reviews. When I heard this, I became both anxious and nervous. I don't have anything set in stone as far as a date or location, yet. I have been seen primarily by the VA for my mental health disorder that caused my separation, so all of my records are with them. I am currently drawing SSDI, as well. Would that be helpful to mention for the re-evaluation? To even begin to show ANY improvement, I am on a handful of medications (to include anti-depressant, mood stabilizer, and anti-anxiety meds) to help with depression, anxiety, and nightmares, but I'm NOWHERE near "back to normal." My intent would to either be placed on the PDRL or stay TDRL for now...I have no intention of going back, as I'm still in no condition to work or do anything remotely related to the military. With all of this, are there any words of advise of things to do in the mean time until I hear about when and where I'm going?

Thank you!
Hello,

I am not a mental health professional nor do I have other experience in that field.

My recommendation: Explain your situation as you have done on this board. Your medical history with the VA likely will be an important part of the evaluation.

Be yourself...

Good luck,
Ron

Guardguy11

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I don't have any experience with TDRL, but I would follow Ron's advice. Be yourself and tell the truth about how you feel on your worst days. They will be able to tell where you are at in your "recovery". I will follow this post because I imagine I will get a TDRL myself and I am curious how the process works.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I found out I have to go to Ft. Leavenworth, KS for my evaluation. Should be within the next month.

Thanks for the advise so far. I guess I'm more just curious on how the process goes. Is it the same as with my PEB the first time around? Like will I get a NARSUM to review before they forward it to DC? I just would like to know what to look forward to.

Thanks!

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
You go to an exam they will want a run down of what you have been doing since discharged some are quick some are long depends on examiner I would tell them you are on SSDI as well, you are supposed to get a copy of the exam (usually a DBQ) and can concur or rebut the exam before it goes before the board.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You go to an exam they will want a run down of what you have been doing since discharged some are quick some are long depends on examiner I would tell them you are on SSDI as well, you are supposed to get a copy of the exam (usually a DBQ) and can concur or rebut the exam before it goes before the board.
Okay! Thanks for that. I just wasn't sure of what was going to happen.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">