TDRL removal

acruz2004

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I recently went to the dr to learn I was no longer Tricare eligible. After many calls we've learned my husband was removed from TDRL. No evaluation. No notice or opportunity to appeal. No severance. We've checked our info and it's all correct. The only other address we've had since he got out was his parents so we'd still get mail from there. Phone numbers and email haven't changed. He's received other things from DOD though. We can't get any answers as to what could have happened. DEERS and VA know nothing. We tried Tonjua Howard with PEB, she can't access his info. We're waiting to see if we get a response from Bupers retirement disability email. Our DAV is almost impossible to get assistance from what I'm hearing. Would he qualify for JAG since he's technically not retired now? Can they remove him from TDRL with no notice or severance? Any ideas on who else could help us figure out what went wrong? He said if he's been evaluated at all he hasn't known about it. Would he know if he had been? It's really feeling like he fell between the cracks and never had anybody on his case. From looking on here I've seen other people have to push for their re-eval, but does anybody have experience figuring it out after being removed from TDRL?

Contact JAG

I recently went to the dr to learn I was no longer Tricare eligible. After many calls we've learned my husband was removed from TDRL. No evaluation. No notice or opportunity to appeal. No severance. We've checked our info and it's all correct. The only other address we've had since he got out was his parents so we'd still get mail from there. Phone numbers and email haven't changed. He's received other things from DOD though. We can't get any answers as to what could have happened. DEERS and VA know nothing. We tried Tonjua Howard with PEB, she can't access his info. We're waiting to see if we get a response from Bupers retirement disability email. Our DAV is almost impossible to get assistance from what I'm hearing. Would he qualify for JAG since he's technically not retired now? Can they remove him from TDRL with no notice or severance? Any ideas on who else could help us figure out what went wrong? He said if he's been evaluated at all he hasn't known about it. Would he know if he had been? It's really feeling like he fell between the cracks and never had anybody on his case. From looking on here I've seen other people have to push for their re-eval, but does anybody have experience figuring it out after being removed from TDRL?
You are correct- if he has been removed from the TDRL, there is no entitlement to legal advice/representation from a Navy judge advocate. DAV reps will not be able to help you in this matter either. It would be strange if Tonjua Howard was unaware of the status, as she would have handled the administrative processing of the case on the PEB level before it was indexed and sent to PERS-95 for final agency action-even if he was listed as a non-appear for a TDRL exam. I would request a copy of his TRIM file- the Navy PEB case file- from Ms. Howard and that should provide you with the administrative details as to what happened. Then, it will most likely be necessary to address this matter through the BCNR, if final agency action has actually occurred. if it has not, it is still possible for the CORB to reopen the case.

The longer I am on this site the less surprised i am at this whole process.

Did you stop receiving retirement pay as well?

i have been waiting for my 199 since January 5th 2021 as my file was sent to the PEB after i was found unfit. The last message i received was two weeks ago telling me i missed an appointment. But i did not miss any. Rather they contacted my provider to ask for an opinion which i was not needed . She did address the concern. But we are in April now and i still don't have my 199. When i contacted the VA to find out what was going on i was told my MED paper work was mixed up with an appeal process i made since 2019. So it was only like 2 weeks ago that i was told that the issue was fixed. The VA had screwed up calculating my percentage. Since 2015 i had been paid on 90 percent when i was actually suppose to be paid at 100 percent. I received a good back pay but of course because i took a lawyer he took almost 20,000 dollars worth of money that should have come to me since 2015. Now they mixed up my MED process with an ordinary appeal. I am not sure how this will affect my rating. I will have 18 good years in May and 19 years total in the Army. 13 years active duty? i am wondering if the condition i was rated unfit for will fetch me the required magic number? My attorney told me i will received at least a 50%. I have been waiting. the worst part of this game is waiting because one does not know what will come through. Can any one help me just with information that can calm me down? I am restless. With five deployments and the last one injured in Afghanistan i am tired and ready to take a break from this. Its not been easy. I have come a long way but seems i have a longer way to go just waiting for some body to do their job in an office and set me free. Oh lord what a world . Life should not be this hard yet some making so hard for others.

You didn't mention if the three years time lapsed or not.