TDRL to discharge with severance

AMMOtech2311

Registered Member
hello I was recently honorably discharged from the marines. I was TDRL for two years with va compensation. Approximately $1050 a month. Once i was discharged I was informed I will no longer get the va compensation. I would also rate severance pay. Due to already receiving va compensation they will recoup from my servance what iv been given. If my servance pay is not equal to what I have been receiving as va compensation do I pay out of pocket to the government?

pittpan2005

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
hello I was recently honorably discharged from the marines. I was TDRL for two years with va compensation. Approximately $1050 a month. Once i was discharged I was informed I will no longer get the va compensation. I would also rate severance pay. Due to already receiving va compensation they will recoup from my servance what iv been given. If my servance pay is not equal to what I have been receiving as va compensation do I pay out of pocket to the government?
You will pay back the severance with your monthly VA compensation payment. It will likely not be your entire VA compensation payment, probably a portion of it. They cannot require you to pay back the severance with an amount greater than what you receive from the VA, unless there is some "crazy" overpayment issue or situation I have never come across.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
You might want to get an attorney. There is at least one attorney on this forum that claims the service has no authority to conduct re-exams.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">