TDRL to PDRL Question

Sav94240

Registered Member
Hello, and I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section. In 2016, I was placed on TDRL from the Army with a rating of 70% and was told to expect a reevaluation in two years. Well, that time passed and now this week I was contacted by an E-6 saying that he needed to update contact information because they want to send my documents to a PEBLO and get moved to PDRL. I have been getting treatment and taking meds since I got out and still deal with my problems pretty much the same way I have been since before I was discharged. Does this mean I'm looking at a re-eval or do they just send me straight into PDRL? My wife and I have been in Limbo with this situation and not knowing what's going to happen.

Thank you!

Hello, and I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section. In 2016, I was placed on TDRL from the Army with a rating of 70% and was told to expect a reevaluation in two years. Well, that time passed and now this week I was contacted by an E-6 saying that he needed to update contact information because they want to send my documents to a PEBLO and get moved to PDRL. I have been getting treatment and taking meds since I got out and still deal with my problems pretty much the same way I have been since before I was discharged. Does this mean I'm looking at a re-eval or do they just send me straight into PDRL? My wife and I have been in Limbo with this situation and not knowing what's going to happen.

Thank you!
I believe a re-evaluation is in order.

I have copied two SMEs on this matter.

@chaplaincharlie
@oddpedestrian

Ron

First, never worry about posting to the right spot. If your trying your best, that is good enough!

Usually you do get a re-eval, but sometimes it is done using paperwork. When you get your new number, there are appeals if you non-concur with the percentage. Since you have lots of documentation you may not get new exams, but don't be cajoled into accepting a percentage less than you deserve.

When has been the last evaluation for the unfitting condition from the VA? I was contacted three times before getting an appointment for the re-exam which concluded right at three years I know it's stressful waiting to finally be done but just keep doing what you been doing. Are you working?

First, never worry about posting to the right spot. If your trying your best, that is good enough!

Usually you do get a re-eval, but sometimes it is done using paperwork. When you get your new number, there are appeals if you non-concur with the percentage. Since you have lots of documentation you may not get new exams, but don't be cajoled into accepting a percentage less than you deserve.

I see. The E-6 I talked to made it sound like they wanted to just move me straight to PDRL, but I was confused. He said he would send my documents to a PEBLO for examination and it could take 60-90 days.

When has been the last evaluation for the unfitting condition from the VA? I was contacted three times before getting an appointment for the re-exam which concluded right at three years I know it's stressful waiting to finally be done but just keep doing what you been doing. Are you working?

The last evaluation I had was 4/5 months before I finally got my separation date in 2016. I am working.

They sometimes use the VA exam but it usually has to be done within six months. Tough to keep 70% while working the DoD isn't like the VA they want to know how your coping since released and if it's okay or stable you might face a reduction.

I have my TDRL first eval this upcoming week...I was med sepd 2 years ago for mental health. What is the actual appointment like? Is there a physical exam to to include stress test, blood test,etc? Or is it just the appointment with the Psych doctor?

I have my TDRL first eval this upcoming week...I was med sepd 2 years ago for mental health. What is the actual appointment like? Is there a physical exam to to include stress test, blood test,etc? Or is it just the appointment with the Psych doctor?