TDRL

belizeanvet

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
If i am place on TDRL will i be able to live out of the united state and still get my TDRL and also attened my appiontment outside the US

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
If i am place on TDRL will i be able to live out of the united state and still get my TDRL and also attened my appiontment outside the US
I can't answer that one. I'm PDRL so I don't have to return for TDRL exams. I doubt you can get TDRL exams outside of the USA.

But, there's nothing wrong in using this time while being on TDRL with planning out your relocation overseas once you are finished with your TDRL time.

There's plenty of places to consider thinking about, so good time to start planning ahead.

The Post 9/11 GI Bill does allow for overseas education, so something to consider if you are an adventurous one!
nwlivewire

LT_Jake

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Well, lets think through this...

When you have to do a TDRL evaluation you are ordered to report to the closest military treatment facility to yourself. You pay out of pocket for travel and lodging and then get reimbursed later. From your handle I am thinking you are from Belize. To my knowledge there aren't many bases down there. My guess is you would recieve orders to report to an evaluation in Texas. Dallas does have a military command and there are other commands in other Gulf Coast states. The TDRL coordinator would work to find the command that is in closest proximatey to an airport that flies to Belize.

Now, with that aside, you can live anywhere you want (Belize, Antarctica, Mars), but you will have to report to a U.S. Military Treatment Facility or approved U.S. Military Command Medical Facility for evaluation.

PtDraco

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I just talked to a guy yesterday who is just waiting on his final PDRL out orders. This being said, he is moving to Costa Rica and told me there is a US Air Force Base located nearby.

My advice would to see if there is a US Installation near where you want to live, contact them, and ask if they are able to do exams for TDRLs.

Draco

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I just talked to a guy yesterday who is just waiting on his final PDRL out orders. This being said, he is moving to Costa Rica and told me there is a US Air Force Base located nearby.

My advice would to see if there is a US Installation near where you want to live, contact them, and ask if they are able to do exams for TDRLs.

Draco
I wonder if a call to HRC back East would know the closest US post that is authorized to do TDRL exams?

The only VA hospital I know that is outside the USA and its territories is located in the Phillipines.

I would call the Army HQs Dept - whatever which one that would be - of the US Army that is in charge of TDRL/medical exams, and get your intel directly from that source.

If overseas, it doesn't matter if there is a US installation nearby.

What matters is if they are authorized to do TRDL exams and have the resources and staff to function in this capacity.

Please - let us know what you find out - what agency you called, what they said, etc.

I suspect there could be many readers on this site who need to know this intel. The GI Bill can become a big factor in this while going through the wait of TDRL re-exam time frames. Especially in a foreign country.

nwlivewire

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">