Temporary to permanent retirement

Cubsfan

Registered Member
I was put on tdrl at 100% and recently had another exam where they are trying to put me on permanent retirement. It is great since I don't have to go more exams. The only thing is that they have changed it from 100% to 40%. What does that change for me and my family being being changed from 100%-40%? I am still at 100% from va. Just looking for any help

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
There is an attorney on this forum that claims DoD has no authority to re-rate people on TDRL. 100 to 40 might be worth investing a few hundred dollars in a legal consult.

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I was put on tdrl at 100% and recently had another exam where they are trying to put me on permanent retirement. It is great since I don't have to go more exams. The only thing is that they have changed it from 100% to 40%. What does that change for me and my family being being changed from 100%-40%? I am still at 100% from va. Just looking for any help
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

At a glance, it would seem that your military disability retirement benefits shall remain intact; that's awesome. Moreover, it would seem that a financial change could potentially results on the DoD side albeit there exist a lot of unknown variables to reach that conclusion at this particular point in time. Hope this helps and take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">