Temporary to permanent retirement

Cubsfan

Registered Member
I was put on tdrl at 100% and recently had another exam where they are trying to put me on permanent retirement. It is great since I don't have to go more exams. The only thing is that they have changed it from 100% to 40%. What does that change for me and my family being being changed from 100%-40%? I am still at 100% from va. Just looking for any help

There is an attorney on this forum that claims DoD has no authority to re-rate people on TDRL. 100 to 40 might be worth investing a few hundred dollars in a legal consult.

I was put on tdrl at 100% and recently had another exam where they are trying to put me on permanent retirement. It is great since I don't have to go more exams. The only thing is that they have changed it from 100% to 40%. What does that change for me and my family being being changed from 100%-40%? I am still at 100% from va. Just looking for any help
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

At a glance, it would seem that your military disability retirement benefits shall remain intact; that's awesome. Moreover, it would seem that a financial change could potentially results on the DoD side albeit there exist a lot of unknown variables to reach that conclusion at this particular point in time. Hope this helps and take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!