Terminal leave

rae.rae2011

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. But I am awaiting to find out if I am unfit or not. But, question is, will I still be able to take terminal leave? I have 52 days saved up as of now and my DOS (end of enlistment) is 13DEC17 currently, unless AFPC finds me unfit then I will go through the MEB. Is there regulations that discuss this?

ruyehara47

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. But I am awaiting to find out if I am unfit or not. But, question is, will I still be able to take terminal leave? I have 52 days saved up as of now and my DOS (end of enlistment) is 13DEC17 currently, unless AFPC finds me unfit then I will go through the MEB. Is there regulations that discuss this?
If you are found unfit, the Air Force will extend you until the board is complete and give you a separation or retirement date that should allow you time for PTDY and terminal leave. AFI 36-3212 breaks down the board process.

mxridr

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yes, the Air Force will have to do a MED hold extension on you. I had this happen to me, I used all my leave and 20 days PTDY (House and Job hunting). They can not force you to sell your leave back so make sure to ask your PEBLO about being placed on MED hold in advance so there is enough time to process it.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">