Time between C&P exams and NARSUM

sparky_wulf

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Is the NARSUM the next milestone after the C&P exams? What is a reasonable timeline for that? ...Or it there another way for me to get feedback from the C&P (like results) before the NARSUM?

it is the next milestone, it can take a few days or it can take a month. Mine was completed in just under 2 weeks, then i took 7 calendar days to review it, sign it, and turn it in. but mine was also over the columbus day weekend so it added waiting time. but once that is done and turned it, it becomes hurry up and wait! but you will be done with all of your tasks. hope this helps

That does help - thank you. I'm inpatient because I want to be done with this... but I also want to be able to finish out the kids' school year through June. So I guess here's to hoping for a month! I wonder if mine will take a little longer since the VA contracted out to another provider for all of my C&Ps.

well take all 5 days to review the NARSUM from what I am seeing most people, submit the NARSUM and then wait at least 4 months, then you can take the full 10 days to review and sign findings, then 15 days for orders to be cut, then at least 30 days until you get bumped out... by my math, if you go by mine... then C&P will be done by the 15th, you submit on 20th.. plus 4 months, puts you at March 20th, plus 10 days puts you at beginning of April, 2 weeks until they cut your new orders and if you select 30 days for separation, it will probably be more like 45, that puts you until the end of May... you are in the ball park. Granted this is all a huge guessing game lol. i wish you the best..