Ok so here is my timeline from when i started to where i am now:

March 21st 2012- Recommended for PEB
March 23rd 2012- Meet with VA Rep
April 30th- May 2 2012 - VA Apppointments
August 27th 2012 - Finally recieved my NARSUM and signed off on it
August 31st 2012 - Mailed off to PEB
September 4th 2012 - PEB Recieved package
September 21st - Found Unfit/ Sent to VA for rating

So, now it's been a little more than 5 weeks and i still have heard nothing from the VA. How much longer until i do? I keep asking my PEBLO and she just says "It's still being rated" it is ddriving me nuts! Also, what is the next step from here? I appreciate it!

Give a VSO (DAV, VFW, State VSO..) your power of attorney. They can see into the VA system. The PEBLO and MSC are not supposed to share this info. The VSO can only follow the VA side of the house. They have no clue about the IDES system, but you can get anything that the VA produces about you, on the day that it is typed / approved.

Christ,

What were your conditions that your PEB was for? My timeline starting same as you, yet you are moving alot quicker than me.

Kiefer,

My conditions were:

MDD
PTSD
Anxiety Disorder
Drug Abuse- In Remission

What are yours?

every case is different so a lot of it really depends on how much stuff you claimed with the VA. The average time I'm seeing right now from the time i mail a board to the PEB to the time the Marine gets their findings back is 3-4 months....sounds like a long time, I know, but it used to be 6-8 months. You might get lucky and get yours sooner, they tend to try and get cases wrapped up before the holidays.

My PEB was submitted for PTSD and Chrons' Disease. I was diagnosed severe PTSD from Civilian Doctors, VA, and Military Docs, and I have had Crohns for almost 4 years. My Ebenefits is Pending Decision Approval, and the PEB in DC finally received my package 2 weeks ago. I hope the process speeds up now. I submitting 23 items to the VA including MDD, Anxiety, and a slew of other issues. God Bless and good luck bud.

Kiefer

Yeah my ebenefits still says under review, and the date on it says 04/23/2012. This is just plain ridiculous.

Just keep an eye on the Ebenefits and when you see it change to Pending Decision Approval, your case will start to move. We have around the same time line. So lets just be patient and I think that we will here something soon, BUD!

2nd week of JUN-sent off my PEB packet
17 AUG-recieved results from the informal board DOD unfit 10% VA 40%
27 AUG-requested a formal board
11 OCT-formal board hearing
28 NOV-recieved call from my PEBLO that the formal board results just came in, I meet with him at 0830 tomorrow morning for results

I check Ebenefits EVERY morning FAITHFULLY and my status still says "Preperation for Decision" so it is 3 steps behind. I would trust ebenefits. I know its nerve wrecking but the longer it takes to hear something back the better.

2nd week of JUN-sent off my PEB packet
17 AUG-recieved results from the informal board DOD unfit 10% VA 40%
27 AUG-requested a formal board
11 OCT-formal board hearing
28 NOV-recieved call from my PEBLO that the formal board results just came in, I meet with him at 0830 tomorrow morning for results

I check Ebenefits EVERY morning FAITHFULLY and my status still says "Preperation for Decision" so it is 3 steps behind. I would trust ebenefits. I know its nerve wrecking but the longer it takes to hear something back the better.

Per VA policy, E-benifits is correct. Your status will not show "Complete" until you are a Veteran (off active status, off terminal leave....). It may even bounce around to gathering evidence...

The reason is the VA doesn't concider your proposal letter as final. When you are a Vet, they reopen your file do a fresh review and see if the "truth" has changed and then do the completed ratings.

A nice lady from the VA on Wed. faxed me my proposed ratings.
30 DOD and 80 VA

Crohns 30%
PTSD 30%
Migraines 30%
Scars 30%
Tongue Damage due to surgery 10%
Tinittus 10%

Navy found me unfit for Crohns Disease.

My timeline is as follows:

Apr-May C&P Exams
June Narsum sent off
June-Sep 19 No movement whatsoever. Did IRIS inquiry on Ebenefits and got it moving.
21Nov Ebenefits states case is closed and have option to Appeal. Call the VA to verify and they informed me that my Proposed Ratings are in.

Just waiting on 199 to come in from Pensacola.

Finally light at the end of the tunnel. Just stay on top of everything. My PEB moved because I got involved and didnt take no for an answer. No one cares about your case or future more than you. Always keep that in mind. God Bless everyone and good luck.

Yeah, I should be getting my 199 sometime in no later than 2 weeks as stated by a Recorder at the IPEB. So Kiefer you and I started and might finish at the same time. Timeline so far:

March 21st 2012- Recommended for PEB
March 23rd 2012- Meet with VA Rep
April 30th- May 2 2012 - VA Apppointments
August 27th 2012 - Finally recieved my NARSUM and signed off on it
August 31st 2012 - Mailed off to PEB
September 4th 2012 - PEB Recieved package
September 21st - Found Unfit/ Sent to VA for rating
November 28th- Claim finished and sent to IPEB
November 29th: - IPEB recieved package

How did you get status on ebenefits? I can't find anything about my peb status!