Timeline for DFAS

Lineman

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good morning everyone,
I was approved for CRSC 70% (Air Force) on December 2, 2019. I know that an audit will need to be done for the back pay which I also know could take many months. My questions are when might I receive my first monthly payment for the current amount and when might DFAS post anything on the RAS or CRSc statement for My Pay? I am not sure if my first payment would be end of January or if because I was approved on the second of December there was enough time to make the end of December payday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Limeman

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Here is a report from last month:

Approval Letter - Sep 10, 2019
First Payment - November 1, 2019
Audit Start- October 6, 2019
Retro Statement on mypay (updated mid-day) November 14, 2019- paydate scheduled for November 19th.

You can use the search feature at the upper right of the page to find more. That is the method I used.

Ron
Note: One person’s timeline is not an indication of what you can expect.

Lineman

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Ron, Thanks for the reply. I just used the search key and was able to find some other examples as well. I am still hopeful to see something this month however I understand it could be longer than that. Who knows, maybe Santa will surprise me. LOL

Lineman

Lineman

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good morning everyone,

Here is timeline for my CRSC. I know everyone has different circumstances so this may or may not be of much help.
I am medically retired from the Air Force and a Desert Storm Vet.
I turned in my packet on November 4, 2019. I received approval at 70% CRSC on December 2, 2019.
First CRSC monthly payment was deposited in my account end of January 2020.
I have received the same amount of CRSC monthly payment end of every month since then.
I checked on the status of my retro back pay on April 6, 2020 and was told that it was showing no activity on the audit for over 30 days. The person who was helping me sent an inquire to request why it was sitting with no activity for that long and told me that it could take 14 business days to get a formal reply back so I should check back at that time.
This morning I received a payment for CRSC retro back pay in my account.
I went to mypay and looked under CRSC pay statement option. The amount on the pay statement that was posted April 9, 2020 for my retro pay matched what was deposited in my account.

The amount that I received for my retro back pay is different from what I calculated. My calculation is not as cut and dry because since 2013 my VA rating has changed several times which impacted how the CRSC would have been paid out had I been receiving it since 2013. Does any one know if DFAS will send me a copy of their audit on how they calculated the retro back pay so I can compare it to my numbers?

I would like to give a special thank you to Ron for all your help and encouragement in getting me through this process. The best advise I can give anyone who is going to apply for CRSC or is waiting to hear on their claim is to have patience, give the system a chance to work and don't get discouraged. Stick with it.

Thank you,

Lineman

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Hello Lineman,

Congrats on receiving your retro CRSC and thank you for your kind words.

If I remember correctly, the DFAS does send a copy of their audit/computation to the retiree via mail. If you do not receive one, you can request it via a signed request sent to retired pay.

Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis IN 46249-1200

I should add that the audit document is not customer friendly. Maybe they have improved the document in recent years...

Ron

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
The FAX number is 800-469-6559 .

Ron

Lineman

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Ron,
Thanks for the quick reply. I will look for their copy of their computations in the mail. I have not received much in the mail from them since I started the CRSC process. I did receive a card in the mail from DFAS letting me know that my password was changed which I knew about because I did change the password. I will give it a little time and see what happens. By chance do you know the name of the form that I would sign to request a copy of the audit in case I don't receive anything by mail? Or do I just write a statement out and sigh it requesting the copy?

Thanks again,

Lineman

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Ron,
Thanks for the quick reply. I will look for their copy of their computations in the mail. I have not received much in the mail from them since I started the CRSC process. I did receive a card in the mail from DFAS letting me know that my password was changed which I knew about because I did change the password. I will give it a little time and see what happens. By chance do you know the name of the form that I would sign to request a copy of the audit in case I don't receive anything by mail? Or do I just write a statement out and sigh it requesting the copy?

Thanks again,

Lineman
Hello,

There is no form for that action.

I would FAX a letter to DFAS.

--------------

It could be as simple as:

12 April 2020

Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis IN 46249-1200

Re: Request for Copy of Recent CRSC Audit, Buddy A. Holly, SSAN 333-33-3333

Request a copy of my recent CRSC audit be sent to me at:
xxxxxxx [address]

Sincerely,

[signature]
Buddy A. Holly
333-33-3333
------------
Ron

Lineman

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Ron,

I will give that a try if I don'r receive anything in the mail soon. I need to figure out where I can access a fax machine with this whole pandemic stay at home order going on here in Colorado.

Thanks,

Lineman

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Ron,

I will give that a try if I don'r receive anything in the mail soon. I need to figure out where I can access a fax machine with this whole pandemic stay at home order going on here in Colorado.

Thanks,

Lineman
Most large grocery stores have a customer service area that provides FAX service.

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">