Timeline for reference

RecruitingSUCKS

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member

2021​

January - Inpatient Hospital Visit
February/March - Attempted to do Final Physical (note: the doctor their deserves a freaking promotion. He looked at my stuff and said "yeah I'm not going to sign this unless you really want me to, what do you know about medical separation?" Basically a doctor at PI determined me unfit for *deployment*? in December, and then no one ever mentioned it again until the doctor in Great Lakes told me that I shouldn't let them shuffle me out the door.)
April 21 - The doctor emailed my CO, his command, and PI medical command stating "after discussion with our providers...we are starting a MEB board"
May - Spoke to PEBLO for the first time.
June 7 - MOL Notification "Your medical board case has been referred to the PEB for action."
July 27 - NMA submitted by command.
Aug 3 - MOL Notification "Your medical board case has been accepted by the PEB for action."

Extremely similar timeline. From what I've been reading, we are going to be here for a while.
Sadly, I think you are right. I'm past my eas date by a few months now so none of my plans for after separation are even possible any more and I can't make new ones because its all in the air.

Sadly, I think you are right. I'm past my eas date by a few months now so none of my plans for after separation are even possible any more and I can't make new ones because its all in the air.
Did they force you to extend? I am about to hit EAS and dont want to extend. Curious what will happen if I dont.

Did they force you to extend? I am about to hit EAS and dont want to extend. Curious what will happen if I dont.
They didn't force me to, however, as far as i understand, if you choose to exit then you need a final physical to state your are medically ready to separate. again IANAL, but its basically, either you sign in agreement that you don't need a PEB or you extend. I would love for someone whos much more knowledgeable to correct me though!

2021​

January - Inpatient Hospital Visit
February/March - Attempted to do Final Physical (note: the doctor their deserves a freaking promotion. He looked at my stuff and said "yeah I'm not going to sign this unless you really want me to, what do you know about medical separation?" Basically a doctor at PI determined me unfit for *deployment*? in December, and then no one ever mentioned it again until the doctor in Great Lakes told me that I shouldn't let them shuffle me out the door.)
April 21 - The doctor emailed my CO, his command, and PI medical command stating "after discussion with our providers...we are starting a MEB board"
May - Spoke to PEBLO for the first time.
June 7 - MOL Notification "Your medical board case has been referred to the PEB for action."
July 27 - NMA submitted by command.
Aug 3 - MOL Notification "Your medical board case has been accepted by the PEB for action."
But when did you go to your Peblo and sign your NARSUM, thats basically all the paperwork that got forwarded to the PEB and that you can see on Tricare Online Patient Portal under Documents.

But when did you go to your Peblo and sign your NARSUM, thats basically all the paperwork that got forwarded to the PEB and that you can see on Tricare Online Patient Portal under Documents.
I don't actually know what you mean, but my eMEBr has Narrative Summaries in there and they were signed by "MEB-2/MEBAA/Senior Member" on the 22 of July. Would you happen to know the name of the document or form?

EDIT: as @Bbenny15 pointed out, I am no where near finished with this process. There is a doc that will eventually be uploaded to TOL containing (effectively) the entirety of the case. If his experience is about average, I am looking at anywhere from another 5-10 months. While I'm really grateful for the deeper understanding of this process thanks to this site, I already miss the naïve optimism I had just a few days ago.

When was it submitted to PEB?
Maybe? I'm getting a bit lost with all the differences in terminology, would you be referencing the mol notification saying "Your medical board case has been accepted by the PEB for action."?

Mine was submitted July 13 and was told to expect findings by early to mid Nov. With how slow things are going, I'm estimating past December at this point. I know the wait will pay off in the long run and everything is out of my control and all I can do is wait but man if that isn't depressing enough on its own.
Mine was submitted the same day. Bet you also get the mol notification on the same date as me too lol

Yeah its pretty rough waiting on your future when there's nothing you can do
Mine was submitted July 13 and was told to expect findings by early to mid Nov. With how slow things are going, I'm estimating past December at this point. I know the wait will pay off in the long run and everything is out of my control and all I can do is wait but man if that isn't depressing enough on its own.

It’s crazy how we all here something different. Mine was submitted June 10th, a whole month before you and I was told I would hear something the beginning of this month. When I reached out to my PEBLO for an update last week all he told me was “
Your case is being adjudicated at the PEB headquarters.
There is a delay (60 to 90 days) in processing cases at the PEB
headquarters, Washington Navy Yard, DC due to manning issues and covid.” Which would put me possibly at November. It’s crazy.

Today is 130 days at the PEB for me. Spoke to my PEBLO and he said I am case number 9 out of over 200 from the Walter Reed MEB office waiting for PEB results. Last week he said I was number 17. Again, this is just of the cases from Walter Reed waiting for PEB results but it does show that some type of progress is being made in the PEB backlog.

I thought it didn’t matter where the cases were from that they all got put in the same stack?

I thought it didn’t matter where the cases were from that they all got put in the same stack?
Same stack at the PEB. I have no idea how many cases are in front of me at the PEB. My PEBLO said there were 8 cases from his office that were sent to the PEB before me that are still waiting for findings. Last week there were 17. So he can tell me how many cases from his office have been waiting longer than me (last week 17 and this week 8) which means his office is getting findings back from the PEB.

I take it as I'm getting closer to having findings bust still don't know how much longer it will be