Timeline - Jax

sunnyjhope

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello everyone. Been lurking aorund here for months. Thought I'd post my timeline and update it accordingly for Chronic PTSD (MST). I am out of NAS Jax if that means anything.

07FEB19 - Limdu (i had been limdu twice before for the same diagnosis, so this time I decided to go ahead with a PEB)
21FEB19 - PEB initiated
10APR19 - Last C&P Exam
15MAY19 - NARSUM completed and signed
16MAY19 - Package sent to PEB

I haven't heard anything yet. I will call my PEBLO tomorrow and see if she has any updates. Other than the PTSD, I have 5 other claimed conditions. I've been thinking of calling the PEB help desk as I've seen some others on here have, but I'm terrified for some reason. From what my PEBLO told me as a ballpark timefrime, I'm hoping to hear back in by mid July.

Hello everyone. Been lurking aorund here for months. Thought I'd post my timeline and update it accordingly for Chronic PTSD (MST). I am out of NAS Jax if that means anything.

07FEB19 - Limdu (i had been limdu twice before for the same diagnosis, so this time I decided to go ahead with a PEB)
21FEB19 - PEB initiated
10APR19 - Last C&P Exam

I haven't heard anything yet. I will call my PEBLO tomorrow and see if she has any updates. Other than the PTSD, I have 5 other claimed conditions. I've been thinking of calling the PEB help desk as I've seen some others on here have, but I'm terrified for some reason. From what my PEBLO told me as a ballpark timefrime, I'm hoping to hear back in by mid July.

Sunny my package was sent to PEB on 10 May. I found out that I was unfit and my package is going through a Quality Assurance process before being sent to VA (on 17 JUN). It has been in the QA phase for 2 weeks as of today, so I am hoping that the VA gets it before the 4th of July weekend kicks off. I was told the QA process takes 7-14 days. My MEB originated at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth (I am in Norfolk). All Navy IDES goes to Providence, RI for rating.

I recommend calling the PEB customer service line. I have talked to a Chief, 2 E-6s (one Marine and one Navy) and civilian. They have all been helpful. I think if you are respectful and not demanding/pissed off they will most likely answer your questions. Depending on who picks up will determine what they might tell you. I have had one person tell me point blank that I was found unfit and I have had others tell me that they were not allowed to relay that information. They will tell you if the package is going to the VA for rating or back to the PEBLO. To the VA means unfit. The PEB customer service has been helpful when I could reach them. I have made contact at random times of day at the following numbers: (202) 685-6422 and (202) 685-6419.

Hope I have passed along some new and useful information. This forum has helped me find the resources and instructions that guide this process and it also helps to have some people to compare notes with.

My package was sent to the PEB on April 10th and found out I was unfit by contacting the PEB customer service on June 10th. It took 2 months for my adjudicaton. I found out on June 28th from my PEBLO that is was at the VA. I am on month 9 of this process.

Thanks for your responses.

I called my peblo today but she didn't have any updates on her end. So I took a deep breath and called the PEB help desk myself. They answered right away. I forgot how to form basic English sentences for a moment but I asked nicely if they could tell me anything. It was a marine, a master Sergeant I think? Anyway he was super nice. And I found out my package went into QA this morning and I am found unfit! Which is exactly what I was hoping for this time. So now onto the next waiting game dance with the VA. Which is fine. Of course I hope that it goes by quickly but for now I'm just glad to know for sure I am unfit.

Thats great news! I'll be interested in knowing how long it takes for your VA ratings. I'm hearing so many different timelines from this forum that I just plan for another two months.

21FEB19 - PEB initiated
10APR19 - Last C&P Exam

Sunny, this is my timeline below. My package was forwarded to VA for rating 2JUL19 (yesterday). As I get more updates I will share them on this thread.

23MAR18 - Start first LIMDU period (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD)
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
09NOV18 - Start Second LIMDU period (MDD)
20FEB19 - Referred to PEB
20MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Hearing)
27MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Dental)
02APR19 - VA Appointment (Head to Toe Physical)
05APR19 - VA Appointment (Mental Health)
10MAY19 - Package sent to PEB
17JUN19 - Found Unfit (Not sure of exact date)
02JUL19 - PEB results forwarded to VA. (Found out from PEB customer service)

Sunny,

My updated timeline:
Thought I would update my timeline based on my claim showing closed by VA. Was pleasantly surprised that my claim was finished in 9 days by the VA. Will be interested to see how they rated my conditions. FYI I claimed 13 conditions and only 1 was considered by the PEB for fitness for duty.

23MAR18 - Start first LIMDU period (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD)
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
09NOV18 - Start Second LIMDU period (MDD)
20FEB19 - Referred to PEB
20MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Hearing)
27MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Dental)
02APR19 - VA Appointment (Head to Toe Physical)
05APR19 - VA Appointment (Mental Health)
10MAY19 - Package sent to PEB
17JUN19 - Found Unfit (Not sure of exact date)
02JUL19 - PEB results forwarded to VA. (Found out from PEB customer service)
11JUL19 - Claim shows closed at VA.GOV

Quote Reply

Thanks for your responses.

I called my peblo today but she didn't have any updates on her end. So I took a deep breath and called the PEB help desk myself. They answered right away. I forgot how to form basic English sentences for a moment but I asked nicely if they could tell me anything. It was a marine, a master Sergeant I think? Anyway he was super nice. And I found out my package went into QA this morning and I am found unfit! Which is exactly what I was hoping for this time. So now onto the next waiting game dance with the VA. Which is fine. Of course I hope that it goes by quickly but for now I'm just glad to know for sure I am unfit.
What number did you call and what time? Congrats on your unfit finding!

Tiny update

21FEB19 - PEB initiated
10APR19 - Last C&P Exam
02JUL19 - Found out I was unfit and package was going through QA before being sent to VA. Not sure exact date that I was found unfit.
31JUL19 - Called Providence, RI office. Found out my proposed ratings were sent out on 29JUL and should be getting back to my PEBLO any day now

I can see the light! So close!

Partial Findings update :)

7FEB19 - Limdu (i had been limdu twice before for the same diagnosis, so this time I decided to go ahead with a PEB)
21FEB19 - PEB initiated
10APR19 - Last C&P Exam
02JUL19 - Found out I was unfit and package was going through QA before being sent to VA. Not sure exact date that I was found unfit.
31JUL19 - Called Providence, RI office. Found out my proposed ratings were sent out on 29JUL and should be getting back to my PEBLO any day now
14AUG19 - Still haven't heard anything from PEBLO. I imagine my case has been back at the PEB the past two weeks. I don't know exactly how long it is supposed to take for them to decide their ratings. So, I called the VA today to see if they would fax me my proposed VA ratings since it has been more than 10 days. Good news there: 90% ! I'm pleasantly surprised, and happy with that. Now I will continue to wait for my PEBLO's call.

Partial Findings update :)

7FEB19 - Limdu (i had been limdu twice before for the same diagnosis, so this time I decided to go ahead with a PEB)
21FEB19 - PEB initiated
10APR19 - Last C&P Exam
14AUG19 - Still haven't heard anything from PEBLO. I imagine my case has been back at the PEB the past two weeks. I don't know exactly how long it is supposed to take for them to decide their ratings. So, I called the VA today to see if they would fax me my proposed VA ratings since it has been more than 10 days. Good news there: 90% ! I'm pleasantly surprised, and happy with that. Now I will continue to wait for my PEBLO's call.

Did anything change for you on VA.gov? My package has been at VA for 2 weeks. I wasn't planning on calling or anything just thought case would close on VA.gov. Congrats bro

Awesome news, I’m also at JAX... and not going to mention names but I never have any luck with my PEBLO. He kind of sucks.

Did anything change for you on VA.gov? My package has been at VA for 2 weeks. I wasn't planning on calling or anything just thought case would close on VA.gov. Congrats bro
Thanks. yeah a new claim had opened dated July 22nd but said it was closed as of the 29th and eBenefits changed Pending Decision Approval.

Awesome news, I’m also at JAX... and not going to mention names but I never have any luck with my PEBLO. He kind of sucks.
Dang Im sorry! My peblo has been pretty good, every time I call her she is super patient and tells me whatever she can. I called her last week to see if she had anything for me but not yet. She assured me that as soon as she knows something she will call, so I'm just trying my best to wait patiently.