TIMELINE: MEB THROUGH PEB

The question on most of our minds is this:

How long is it all going to take?

This is an attempt to answer that question, but it's going to take all of us to do it. The idea is to give a very detailed account of the timeline of each person's case. It's one thing to say "in February I was tumpy tumpy" but there's a world of difference and two pay periods between the beginning of the month and end of it.

Somwhere there's the theory if the sample population (ours here) is large enough, it comes to represent the whole (all military members going through this). If there are enough people who take notes and are good at remembering dates, or do like I do and keep a monthly planner you can keep notes in, then it would go a long way to easing others' minds about how long they should really expect things to take.

I want to thank you all for participating!

-Guy

Purple, I am curious to see how long it takes AFPC to cut your retirement orders. I've heard different timelines from a few days to weeks. Please keep me informed so I will know what to expect.

Im still waiting for my Retirement Orders. Its been 3 weeks now. My PEBLO told me today that AFMPC is awaiting retirement points calculation from DFAS. Will keep you all posted... Ronald

Surfer495

My PEBLO told me it could be a few days or up to a few weeks. I will keep you posted.

First of all, congrats to those of you getting your boards finished up. I am waiting for the day...

I haven't posted in a while...had a lot going on.

But, I received an interesting email from afrpc the other day. It was a survey and they wanted to know what I thought of the service I received...:confused: Well, since I haven't been to Denver lately, I could only speculate that my package had gone through the reserve side of the house and was now headed for afpc.;) I did confirm as of today that my package is at afpc. So hopefully within the month I'll hear something back. I don't have all the dates, it's all a blur to me. Just ready to have it finished and hoping its fair.

Take care,

Chinook

Hello everyone,

Today I received my TDRL orders. It took 12 days. It was sent via e-mail.

Wow, that seems pretty fast considering how long everything else in this lengthy process takes. Good luck in the future!

builtgypsy & parmer,

Thank you.:)

I'm authorized 40 days to outprocess. Since I'm taking 20 days of PTDY to house hunt out of state, I only have 20 days to outprocess, and move out of my off base apartment.

The downside to only having 20 days to outprocess at my base is scheduling an appointment with TMO. They told me that they do not have any days available in June for household goods pick up, but they would see what they can do... My final outprocessing date with the base is 1 Jul.

I may be stuck at my base past my final outprocessing date trying to get household goods picked up. What a bomber!

After pleading my case to TMO and MPF, I finally received a date of 30 June for household goods pickup. I don't have to stay at my base past my final outprocessing date and burn PTDY.:)

Approximately how long did it take for your case to go through? My pkg went to the Disability board on 28th Apr and I still don't have an answer?

shasha,

My IPEB took 7 1/2 weeks. After that, it took 12 days to receive my medical retirement orders.

Purple, did your 40 days start from the day you got your retirement orders or the date you signed your results? I've been getting mixed answers on this.

surfer495,

The date on my orders is 12 June (I guess that is the date it was printed and approved at AFPC). But, I did not receive them until 16 June via e-mail.

My relieve date from active duty is 22 Jul. The effective date of TDRL is 23 Jul. So, I guess it is approximately 41 days I actually had to outprocess counting from the 12th of June...

Oh okay that makes sense. I may be in the same TMO situation as you. I am going to call and see if I can work something out so I don't have to wait for a move date. I know they get backed up during the summer months.

Did they email them directly to you, or was it routed through your unit orderly room first?

surfer495,

Last week, I called AFPC disablity section at DSN 665-4534, and they told me the date starts once the orders are done. I think AFPC commercial number is 1(800) 616-3775. I hope this helps.

(My Orders)

The survivor benefit plans office called me to tell me they received a rip with my retirement date, and they wanted to know when they could meet with me and my spouse. This triggered me to think that maybe my orders were ready. So, I called MPF and they told me they were ready and e-mailed them to me. About 5 mins later, my PEBLO e-mailed them to me too.

Thanks Purple for the information. My PEBLO told me I will know my orders are done, or almost done when my DOS changes on my VMPF. I will be looking out for that. This sucks finding out I am getting out and I can not do anything for outprocessing until I get the orders. I just want to leave tomorrow!

Oh, where are you moving to/from?