Timeline Question

sturner53

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey i was wondering what the average time it takes from pending decision approval to me finding out what the VA and PEB decided? Thank you!

That status alone isn't really not a great indicator. I've read some timelines where it will go from that to historical the same day and then ratings are available soon after. I've been at the PDA stage since early December even before my scheduled C&P exams were complete or NARSUM signed, and it hasn't changed at all during that time.

But ff you are sure there are no more exams or records needed for your case, then I would be optimistic that it won't be much longer.

It took about 14 days for me, but the info is often erroneous. So your timeline may be very different

That status alone isn't really not a great indicator. I've read some timelines where it will go from that to historical the same day and then ratings are available soon after. I've been at the PDA stage since early December even before my scheduled C&P exams were complete or NARSUM signed, and it hasn't changed at all during that time.

But ff you are sure there are no more exams or records needed for your case, then I would be optimistic that it won't be much longer.
Okay cool, thay haven't asked me for anything extra over the last few days

I'm in the same boat as you as well.

From what I've seen based on the IDES tracker (which tracks everyone's case timeline and updates weekly) is when the VA sends their stuff back to AFPC then down to the MTF-PEBLOs is averaging about a week to 2 weeks. (based on Nov and Dec months)

The longest I saw was about a month.

From the "VA Proposed Rating End Date" to "Case File Assembly Start Date" takes just a couple days. (VA to AFPC)

From "Case File Assembly Start Date" to "Case File Assembly End Date" seems to not take more than a couple days to week. (Time for AFPC to put case file together; apply DoD Ratings)

From "Case File Assembly End Date" to "IPEB Counsel Start Date" is another couple days. (AFPC to MTF/PEBLO)

What we're both waiting for is for that "IPEB Counsel Start Date". (when our PEBLO contacts us)

So... I'm just going with worst case scenario of getting my stuff back to being early next month. But ideally... this month would be great! :)

So it looks like the time it takes to get it back to us has been going down... based on some samples I took from the tracker and some Excel numbers crunching.. Jan has been averaging 4 days... sweet! :)

Attachments

• Estimated time from VA to PEBLO.pdf
    83.5 KB · Views: 61
I guess I drew the short straw lol ours went up to AFPC the same day but still sitting at review of evidence. I did have 27 claims and it is with a rater so I am hoping for the best here. I have to be in place for my job no later than end of March. Paul told me beginning of Feb to expect ratings be sent to AFPC.

So it looks like the time it takes to get it back to us has been going down... based on some samples I took from the tracker and some Excel numbers crunching.. Jan has been averaging 4 days... sweet! :)

Is this an AFPC tracker? I have seem to hit the wall at the VA. Seems those whose claims got there after mine have already moved to preparation for decision and I am still sitting at review of evidence. I know that it has been assigned to a rater but was told that there is a chance they could be backed up. I really need this to move along faster as my window is closing in terms of losing my job.

So I just received the myPers notification... my results are with my PEBLO now!... so I'll meet with the PEBLO next week Tuesday.... Yesss!! :)

It's an AFMS (medical service) tracker.

Yeah... mine took a while at the VA. Kept on checking the tracker every week. Five other cases that went to my RVSR (the VA person assigned for your rating) later than my case got their cases reviewed before mine... So I have no idea how an RVSR decides which cases to review first or how long... thought it was first-come/first-serve but might not be the case.

The "review of evidence" status is going to stay stagnant from the time you made your claim with your VA MSC. Ideally it should change to something like... "received case from member's service" or something like that when AFPC makes the IPEB unfit determination and forwards your case to the VA to get the ratings, but no... not the case. The only way you'll know that the VA has started looking at your case is when that status changes...

So I just received the myPers notification... my results are with my PEBLO now!... so I'll meet with the PEBLO next week Tuesday.... Yesss!! :)

It's an AFMS (medical service) tracker.

Yeah... mine took a while at the VA. Kept on checking the tracker every week. Five other cases that went to my RVSR (the VA person assigned for your rating) later than my case got their cases reviewed before mine... So I have no idea how an RVSR decides which cases to review first or how long... thought it was first-come/first-serve but might not be the case.

The "review of evidence" status is going to stay stagnant from the time you made your claim with your VA MSC. Ideally it should change to something like... "received case from member's service" or something like that when AFPC makes the IPEB unfit determination and forwards your case to the VA to get the ratings, but no... not the case. The only way you'll know that the VA has started looking at your case is when that status changes...

I guess it changes once the rater starts doing their magic. Mine has been with a rater almost two weeks now but still says review of evidence. I am going to give it until next friday before I check on it again.

My PEBLO indicated 4 to 8 weeks. Here is my timeline.

I guess it changes once the rater starts doing their magic. Mine has been with a rater almost two weeks now but still says review of evidence. I am going to give it until next friday before I check on it again.
Mines been at pending decision approval or a week now.

I actually went to historical claims in Ebennies, and it said my claim is closed, the decsision letter was sent on 1/17/2019, i gues i find out here soon.

I actually went to historical claims in Ebennies, and it said my claim is closed, the decsision letter was sent on 1/17/2019, i gues i find out here soon.

Nice man, I was told by a friend my TBI amd PTSD may cause mine to take just a little longer

I have been waiting since 2013. Got put into the RAMP program in May of 2018, was told that I should know something by September 2018. It's now January 22, 2019, and I have been in the "Preparation for Decision" stage since November 2018. Was sent to a C&P exam in December, 2 weeks later I see on e-benefits that a "Development Letter" sent notification along with the "Preparation for Decision" notice. My questions are: What am I looking at, and what is going on?

I have been waiting since 2013. Got put into the RAMP program in May of 2018, was told that I should know something by September 2018. It's now January 22, 2019, and I have been in the "Preparation for Decision" stage since November 2018. Was sent to a C&P exam in December, 2 weeks later I see on e-benefits that a "Development Letter" sent notification along with the "Preparation for Decision" notice. My questions are: What am I looking at, and what is going on?
If you go to historical, it should say when the case was closed, mine was closed the 17th of Jan 2019 and today my peblo has my package. I see him at 1400, had to go through the shirts office first.

If you go to historical, it should say when the case was closed, mine was closed the 17th of Jan 2019 and today my peblo has my package. I see him at 1400, had to go through the shirts office first.

Good luck hope you get great ratings!