Timeline Question

Mental health has nothing to do with it taking forever, I was only at the VA for ratings for 20 days.

So it looks like the time it takes to get it back to us has been going
So it looks like the time it takes to get it back to us has been going down... based on some samples I took from the tracker and some Excel numbers crunching.. Jan has been averaging 4 days... sweet! :)
where are you getting this info? If this is actual time stamps, my case is way past the norm. But my PEBLO seems to think we are still within normal time standards. The officer in me is just dying to know who, what, why, and how this process can be improved.

I just am checking vets.gov and ebenfits. I called my PEBLO this morning and was told still waiting no change. My patience is long gone, Ive read PTSD and TBIs can cause delays and those are two of my claims, my unfitting conditions are lower back and migraines. My job recruiter is on me for a day I can fly out and start my inprocessing for my job in Feb but I am not liking how things are looking right now. I called a few weeks ago and was told it was with a rater, going to call again on Friday if there is no movement. This really sucks because I could lose out on a very good job. I was separating and had this job lined up when they decided to start the MEB process
The time frame I’m getting from folks verbally is much different than what’s on the spreadsheets posted. I was told 6-10 weeks for IPEB w/ VA included.

The time frame I’m getting from folks verbally is much different than what’s on the spreadsheets posted. I was told 6-10 weeks for IPEB w/ VA included.
Ipeb was a few days for me. Due to the holidays it probably delayed it getting the the VA.

Mental health has nothing to do with it taking forever, I was only at the VA for ratings for 20 days.

Im on 21 days at the VA now, so hoping for some word by Friday. I am really nervous I am going to lose my job.

Ipeb was a few days for me. Due to the holidays it probably delayed it getting the the VA.
Correct, my IPEB was two weeks. Now waiting on VA since 12 Dec. If no decision is made by next week, I may need to call congressman/woman. I tried to call the VA but they won’t talk to an AD member. PEBLO states they cannot speak with anyone either.

Correct, my IPEB was two weeks. Now waiting on VA since 12 Dec. If no decision is made by next week, I may need to call congressman/woman. I tried to call the VA but they won’t talk to an AD member. PEBLO states they cannot speak with anyone either.
BTW...I don’t have any mental health on my case.

It depends who you talk to. Cant remember the guys name I got but he doesnt mind giving info, I’ve seen people say theres a lady who will not give out info.

where are you getting this info? If this is actual time stamps, my case is way past the norm. But my PEBLO seems to think we are still within normal time standards. The officer in me is just dying to know who, what, why, and how this process can be improved.

I have no idea where your case is...

But my response of 4 days average time was answering OP's question of "what the average time it takes from pending decision approval to me finding out what the VA and PEB decided?"

Pending decision approval = meaning that VA has completed their ratings review.

Finding out what the VA and PEB decided = meaning you're sitting with your PEBLO and they're telling you your ratings.

If your case is at Pending Decision Approval, then the average days (in January) from VA to AFPC to you is 4 days.

If you know that your case is at the VA and you know the date of when AFPC sent your case to the VA, the average time from when the VA receives the case from AFPC to the time that they complete the VA ratings review (and move your case to Pending Decision Approval) has been averaging about 5 weeks.

Again... average is well... just that. Not exact. Case #1 takes 2 days. Case #2 takes 3 days. Case #3 takes 4 days. The average of the 3 cases comes out to be 3 days... meaning a case will be faster than the average, a case will be on average, and another will be longer than average.

The PEB phase goal is about 102 days (IPEB/VA Rating/FPEB/Rating Reconsideration). The IDES goal is to get your cases back to you within 31 days for the initial IPEB/VA Rating results.

For my case... it took ~4 days in IPEB (AFPC); 15 weeks with VA; and only another ~4 days with AFPC; and then factor another couple days before I met with my PEBLO.

I would say my case took longer than average with the VA. Some cases I've seen took less than a week with the VA.

You don't have to believe my source of information. And I understand that we all manage expectations differently.

My response to the OP was merely to help manage OP's expectation of knowing "what the average time it takes from pending decision approval to me finding out what the VA and PEB decided".

But my response of 4 days average time was answering OP's question of "what the average time it takes from pending decision approval to me finding out what the VA and PEB decided?"

Finding out what the VA and PEB decided = meaning you're sitting with your PEBLO and they're telling you your ratings.

If your case is at Pending Decision Approval, then the average days (in January) from VA to AFPC to you is 4 days.

If you know that your case is at the VA and you know the date of when AFPC sent your case to the VA, the average time from when the VA receives the case from AFPC to the time that they complete the VA ratings review (and move your case to Pending Decision Approval) has been averaging about 5 weeks.

Again... average is well... just that. Not exact. Case #1 takes 2 days. Case #2 takes 3 days. Case #3 takes 4 days. The average of the 3 cases comes out to be 3 days... meaning a case will be faster than the average, a case will be on average, and another will be longer than average.

The PEB phase goal is about 102 days (IPEB/VA Rating/FPEB/Rating Reconsideration). The IDES goal is to get your cases back to you within 31 days for the initial IPEB/VA Rating results.

For my case... it took ~4 days in IPEB (AFPC); 15 weeks with VA; and only another ~4 days with AFPC; and then factor another couple days before I met with my PEBLO.

I would say my case took longer than average with the VA. Some cases I've seen took less than a week with the VA.

You don't have to believe my source of information. And I understand that we all manage expectations differently.

My response to the OP was merely to help manage OP's expectation of knowing "what the average time it takes from pending decision approval to me finding out what the VA and PEB decided".
Didn’t mean to make it sound like your info wasn’t correct, I really just wanted to know where you retrieved it. Is it accessible for all to see somewhere?

15 weeks with the VA? ggeeezzz

Not to muddy the water even more, but...I was marked "prep for decision" before I even completed my C&P exams, and "pending decision approval" before I received my narsum, about 8 weeks ago or so. But I've only been at the actual VA stage for ~4 weeks, and it's been "pending decision approval" the whole time.

That’s what I’m saying, tjay! Be careful making any promises over the next month or two. I’m approaching week 8 at the VA.

Well the issue is I was separating and had my job secured with my project start date being when I would have started terminal in Feb. I get back from leave and get a surprise and a meeting with the PEBLO and VA MSC...I had been to the DAWG 3 times and they said return to duty and well the minute I decided to say good bye they said MEB

Not to muddy the water even more, but...I was marked "prep for decision" before I even completed my C&P exams, and "pending decision approval" before I received my narsum, about 8 weeks ago or so. But I've only been at the actual VA stage for ~3 weeks, and it's been "pending decision approval" the whole time.

over in the FB group ive seen some things like this happening. someones said completed before it even got to the VA

Didn’t mean to make it sound like your info wasn’t correct, I really just wanted to know where you retrieved it. Is it accessible for all to see somewhere?

All good; no worries. No, I don't think it's accessible for all... PEBLOs for sure should be able to get to it.... don't know if they all know that they can.

Still nothing on my case from the VA. 10 Weeks in IPEB of which 8 have been with the VA.

Still nothing on my case from the VA. 10 Weeks in IPEB of which 8 have been with the VA.

Damn I am no longer feeling confident I made the right decision of doing IDES. I should have went with LDES