Timeline Question:

jj23540

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
20 Dec 2018 - Medical board case has been referred to the PEB for action on MOL
4 Mar 2019 - Package signed and sent to PEB

Does this mean I was already found unfit?
If not, how long will it take to find out?

Usually takes one to two weeks for a fit or unfit determination, mine took one week then they send it off to va for ratings. I am in this stage in week two for Exertional compartment syndrome lower legs and sever flat feet

Usually takes one to two weeks for a fit or unfit determination, mine took one week then they send it off to va for ratings. I am in this stage in week two for Exertional compartment syndrome lower legs and sever flat feet
Okay thank you! How did you follow up to find out your fitness status? Did your PEBLO call you or did you have to reach out to the PEB office?

Okay thank you! How did you follow up to find out your fitness status? Did your PEBLO call you or did you have to reach out to the PEB office?
Funny thing is that it took exactly a week for unfit determination but I never heard anything so at two weeks I called my peblo and just asked for an update and she was like “let me check oh a week ago they ruled unfit” lol Even though your case status seems to be not moving doesn’t mean it isn’t.

I called the PEB office today. They told me that the decision was made and sent to quality assurance. They would not tell me whether I was fit or unfit. They said to check back in a week. Can anyone give me insight into what this means one way or the other?

I am not sure about other services but my AF PEBLO informed me that they are not allowed to tell members the results of the IPEB immediately when the get them. They have to brief the commander first. Not that I agree with this rule but... that is most likely the hold up in getting told your results from the PEBLOs.

I talked to my peblo and he said that the QA phase means that it went through 3 of the line officers, it's been screened and everything, now it's at the final officer who looks over it. That's at least from my understanding of what he said.

I reached out to the PEB today (26 March 2019) who informed me that my package was forwarded to the VA 25 March 2019.
I called the VA just a few minutes ago (26 March 2019) and they informed me that they sent my findings back to the PEB on 25 March 2019.

Can anyone tell me if this typical or what my timeline from here is looking like?

I talked to my peblo and he said that the QA phase means that it went through 3 of the line officers, it's been screened and everything, now it's at the final officer who looks over it. That's at least from my understanding of what he said.
I am at the QA phase too! My package was sent 21 February and still no answers.

I know that my packet was sent to the VA 25 March and now I wait for the VA to assign my ratings.
Does anyone have any insight as to how long the VA is taking to assign ratings and get them back to the PEB?
Once the packet is back with the PEB, how long does it take to get back to my PEBLO?
Thanks

Depends on your regional va office and how many claims they are processing but I would say collectively one to two months

I know that my packet was sent to the VA 25 March and now I wait for the VA to assign my ratings.
Does anyone have any insight as to how long the VA is taking to assign ratings and get them back to the PEB?
Once the packet is back with the PEB, how long does it take to get back to my PEBLO?
Thanks

My stuff went up to the VA about 18 March. My PEBLO said she expects to hear something this week (I had stopped by her office because I noticed the ebenefits status change to Pending Decision Approval). I am hoping she is right!

My stuff went up to the VA about 18 March. My PEBLO said she expects to hear something this week (I had stopped by her office because I noticed the ebenefits status change to Pending Decision Approval). I am hoping she is right!
What region are you in?

What region are you in?

I am stationed in Washington state but my PEBLO mentioned that our VA ratings are done in Providence, RI.

And literally right after I posted this I checked my va.gov and the status changed to closed. I went up to the PEBLO office again (I work in the clinic) and she said the ratings have been sent back to the IPEB and they will now do their official paperwork. Should be done in the next few days to a week!

Awesome hope you get the ratings you want. That was kind of quick gives me hope.

That’s great news I’m sitting at day 48 hopefully it won’t be too much longer the waiting is driving me nuts.

Does anyone have a general timeline on how long the VA is taking to assign ratings out of Camp Lejeune?
My packet has been with the VA for 37 days.