Timeline/Rating wait time

Readytobedone

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Beginning of Dec ‘17 - Mental health provider initiated MEB for bipolar ll w/anxious distress
14 Dec 17 - NARSUM sent to MEB office
28 Dec 17 - Commander Impact Statement sent to MEB office
26 Jan 18 - Code 37 (took a while for it to actually be added to profile)
15 Feb 18 - Notified from PEBLO that I’ll be going through full PEB
08 Mar 18 - Submitted VA claims
12 Mar 18 - Recieved appointment times for C & P exams scheduled in late March
26 Mar 18 - Completed all C & P Exams
29 Mar 18 - Copies of VA exams received by PEBLO
29 Mar - 3 May 18 - waiting for med group to sign off on VA exam results
04 May 18 - Signed AF618 and submitted to IPEB
08 May 18 - notified my package was returned without action. Asked for a narsum written up for ankle injury that I had surgery on in sep 17. Said they believed it should be added to unfitting conditions. PCM notified of request.
26 July 18 - NARSUM for ankle completed and sent up to IPEB.

This process has been mostly irritating and a test of patience.
Biggest complaint is my bases medical group being understaffed resulting in excessive wait times for simple things to get signed off.

Hoping my package doesn’t get kicked back again.

Anyone know anything new about the VA back up of cases? PEBLO said everything should be back in 45 days if timelines are met.

Also was anyone not notified when IPEB determined them unfit and forwarded their case?

I wasn’t told that the ipeb forwarded my case to the va- you can call the va and ask if they’ve received your peb paperwork. If they have, then you’re determined unfit. My paperwork only sat at the ipeb for 3 days (jun 16-19)

Also, once your paperwork has been kicked to the VA it goes to the office in Providence. Their phone number is 401-223-3700 and they can give you more a transparent look at where your paperwork is than ebenefits or the va benefits hotline

My package has been sitting at the VA for ratings since 19 June...the VA said 30-45 days for my case which is coming really close...last time I called a few weeks ago, the guy said there was 23 claims from others that are before mine lol

I'm going on 20 months on MEB. It's stressful but I just keep telling myself it's worth it in the end.

Same here. Started the MEB process back in 2016...it kept getting pushed until January this year...

The process is going really quickly for some. I submitted my stuff to the PEB July 9th signed findings August 3rd. Unfit, 20% dod and 80% va.

Do you plan on accepting that or will you continue to fight for at least the 30%?

Do you plan on accepting that or will you continue to fight for at least the 30%?
I accepted already. She said 2-4 weeks til my orders come in and no later than 90 days til separation. I don’t think I have a good case for 30%

For the ones who have called the providence number to check on the status of their claim, what was the best time to call to get ahold of someone?

I got ahold of someone this afternoon with the providence number. Told me I need to get information through my peblo.

I couldn’t reach a person through the VA phone at Providence. I left voicemails and never got a call back but the chat feature told me that my info would be given to my MSC or PEBLO. Either wasn’t much help but hopefully it’s different for you. I have heard of a freedom of information request if you’re feeling really antsy. Don’t know the details though

Checked in with PEBLO today. My stuff is still with the IPEB determining if I’m fit or not. It’s been with them almost two weeks so that’s worrisome to me. Anyone else have theirs sit there that long?

Checked in with PEBLO today. My stuff is still with the IPEB determining if I’m fit or not. It’s been with them almost two weeks so that’s worrisome to me. Anyone else have theirs sit there that long?

Mine was there from July 9-18. I think they have 7-10 days to make a determination.

PEBLO updated me yesterday that my package was forwarded to the VA. She said she’s been seeing it take around 50 days for ratings to come back from the time she sends everything off. She also said that technically the whole IPEB to VA and then back to IPEB process is technically allowed 90 days to process everything. I know people have been getting their stuff back way before that and many way before the 45 day mark also. So fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed for you as well. My package has been with VA/DOD after unfit determination for 34 days now myself.

I guess that’s where the difference is seen in timelines and how every case is different. I got my orders today terminal starts August 22 and end date is oct 29