Timeline (thus far)

Keebs

PEB Forum Veteran
Hello!

So here is the timeline I have experienced so far. I will update the further along we move in the process. And I will also post threads about some of the processes to give y'all a heads up.

Applied -05/13/14
Record collection completed- 10/01/14
Sent for Adjudication- 01/12/15
Adjudicated- 06/11/15
Final Approval and sent to branch of service- 11/18/15
Branch signed off- 02/22/16
Orders signed- 06/02/16
DFAS receipt- 06/22/16
Retirement statement from DFAS received- 9/9/16
Deposit date for backpay- 9/22/16
Received backpay- 9/22/16
Human Resources Command updated to show PDRL- 9/28/16

Last edited:
Hello!

So here is the timeline I have experienced so far. I will update the further along we move in the process. And I will also post threads about some of the processes to give y'all a heads up.

Applied -05/13/14
Adjudicated- 06/11/15
Orders signed- 06/02/16
DFAS receipt- 06/22/16

Thanks for the update. Maybe this is a good example of the average timeline. I am currently at about the 15 month mark. I submitted my package in March of 2015.

PD-2015-02457 here, but, on the recent PDBR Board case release post I noticed some case #'s omitted, like some folks take longer than others depending on the nature of the case.....and I agree with another post I saw somewhere here, I just don't think they post all the case reviews for whatever reason

9/9/16- received retirement statement from DFAS showing retirement pay

9/9/16- received retirement statement from DFAS showing retirement pay

Have you found out anything about back pay or when your retirement payments will start?

Hello!

Applied -05/13/14
Adjudicated- 06/11/15
Orders signed- 06/02/16
DFAS receipt- 06/22/16

My timeline is right behind yours. I'm hoping to hear from the Navy soon. I was told the turn around for an answer from them is 60 days which is pretty fast seeing as I submitted in TWICE in 2014. The first time my paperwork was lost which resulted in an almost six month time loss. I'm glad it's almost over either way. I'm obviously hoping for a YES. Especially after having six surgeries.

Have you found out anything about back pay or when your retirement payments will start?
I just talked to DFAS today and my retirement payments will start on 1 OCT. I am not supposed to be receiving anything from them for retirement pay as my VA is more. So I am just going to leave it sitting in savings until they catch on. Earn some interest on it.

They said my back pay was completed 5 days ago. But I have yet to receive it.

I just talked to DFAS today and my retirement payments will start on 1 OCT. I am not supposed to be receiving anything from them for retirement pay as my VA is more. So I am just going to leave it sitting in savings until they catch on. Earn some interest on it.

They said my back pay was completed 5 days ago. But I have yet to receive it.

Actually I've read several different things saying it is legal for you to collect retirement, and va as well as work as long as your va isn't based on you not working. I know tons of people who do it. There was an article about it. How some vets are making over $200,000 per year from retirement, va, and ssi.

So I got off the phone again with DFAS and my back pay is set to be deposited on the 22nd. Two more days! Woohoo! And I received a new statement from DFAS yesterday that shows I will NOT be receiving retired pay. Glad they fixed that so I didn't have to deal with refunding the govt money.

Hello!

Applied -05/13/14
Adjudicated- 06/11/15
Orders signed- 06/02/16
DFAS receipt- 06/22/16
Deposit date for backpay- 9/22/16
Received backpay- 9/22/16

Hello Keebs and congratulation on your retirement.

I was looking at your timeline and i would like to share part of mine. As you might imagine and nervous abour the outcome but i guess its normal. Im just agitated becuase everytime i request an update i usually wait 3 or 4 days before getting a response and it looks like an automated copy. My case went into adjutication Dec 05 2015 and up to this date i get a response that my case was sent to adjucation. 9 months later and i still get the same response. Heres my timeline and maybe i can hear something posotive from you.

2014 i asked NVLSP to represent me in filing my pdbr case
Feb 2015 after 11 month waiting for va to sent my med records they accepted my ase.
Mar 2015 My case was forwarded to Latham and Watkins law firm.
Sept 2015 They sent my PDBR application along with 92 pages and to reconsider retirement
Dec 5 2015 Received an email and a letter from the PDBR in Randolph that my case was in washinton for adjutication.

As of now my attorneys and I are still waiting for a response. Every time i sent an email i get the same replied. " we received your package for adjudication.
Initial Ratings in 2005 meb 20% and VA 70% April 2005.
As of May 2005 90%VA with 70% b ptsd.
If it wasn't for socil security Disability i cant imagine where ill be. But God has a Plan and i believe in him.
Thank you for your time and for keeping us up to date.

Hey Keebs, I forgot to mention that i was in the Army for 14 years, 10 months

Hi rpenar!

If your file wasn't sent to the PDBR until September of last year you unfortunately do have some more waiting.

Your case should complete adjudication in the next couple of months. Then you have to wait for approval and it to be sent to the branch. A few months for it to work it's way to the Secretary's desk. Then orders and so on. It isn't a short process. You just have to be as patient as possible and know that it will eventually finish.

Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions!

I sent my claim in Sep 15 & didn't receive word until Mar 16 that was case was sent for adjudication.

I too sent 90+ pages in evidence to support my claim (catalogued w ToC and as brief as possible to support conditions).

Since our timelines are similar it could be an interesting barometer on measuring timing for claims

Hi rpenar!

If your file wasn't sent to the PDBR until September of last year you unfortunately do have some more waiting.

Your case should complete adjudication in the next couple of months. Then you have to wait for approval and it to be sent to the branch. A few months for it to work it's way to the Secretary's desk. Then orders and so on. It isn't a short process. You just have to be as patient as possible and know that it will eventually finish.

Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions!
Unfortunately my attorney send it sept 2015 because it took the VA over a year to send the medical records. Otherwise we're looking at over three years. I have patience but it seems that just for adjudication anything over 6 months was a long time. Thank you again for. Your help.

Question. Should I send my new ratings to the board?

When did you receive your new rating? You could email the board and ask if they requested documents from the VA in addition to what you submitted. I am not sure how sending in documents at this stage would affect it.

When did you receive your new rating? You could email the board and ask if they requested documents from the VA in addition to what you submitted. I am not sure how sending in documents at this stage would affect it.

I actually send it to the the email provided by the PDBR. I just received a replied that it would be added to my package.

USAF Pentagon SAF-MR Mailbox PDBRPA
4:49 PM (8 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Sir,

We acknowledge receipt of your 12 September 2016 VA Rating Decision. It has been added to your case file and will be considered by the Board.

Very Respectfully,

Physical Disability Board of Review

Please note that our e-mail address has changed to:
[email protected]

I actually send it to the the email provided by the PDBR. I just received a replied that it would be added to my package.

USAF Pentagon SAF-MR Mailbox PDBRPA
4:49 PM (8 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Sir,

We acknowledge receipt of your 12 September 2016 VA Rating Decision. It has been added to your case file and will be considered by the Board.

Very Respectfully,

Physical Disability Board of Review

Please note that our e-mail address has changed to:
[email protected]
Awesome!

I logged into Army HRC today and they show me on PDRL now. The only thing I am waiting on now is my updated DD214. Everything else in the process is completed.

I logged into Army HRC today and they show me on PDRL now. The only thing I am waiting on now is my updated DD214. Everything else in the process is completed.
Hi Keebs. I was told my eligibility was confirmed and they are compiling all of my PDBR records and military records and that they will send me a notification letter and then the PDBR will make a recommendation. So does the PDBR have the final say so?