Timeline??

Force10

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
PEBLO sent my IRILO to AFPC. How long does it usually take for the results??
I am becoming very anxious bc I dnt know what to expect!

Mine took a month. Here’s my timeline...

Mid Dec ‘17 - Both my PCM and Mental Health provider decided to initiate an MEB for Sleep Apnea/Asthma/PTSD after over a year of treatment for mental health and 2 years for sleep apnea and asthma
07 Jan 18 - Code 37 initiated
21 Mar 18 - NARSM sent to MEB office
23 Mar 18 - Commander Impact Statement sent to MEB office
26 Mar 18 - AFPC received IRILO paperwork
13 Apr 18 - Phone interview with AFPC for the mental health stuff
26 Apr 18 - Notified from PEBLO that I’ll be going through full PEB
01 May 18 - Initial PEBLO brief and met with MSC
02 May 18 - Submitted VA claims (25 separate claims)
03 May 18 - Recieved appointment times for C & P exams scheduled in late May
21 May 18 - 6 Jun 18 - C & P Exams
11 Jun 18 - Received copies of VA exams
15 Jun 18 - Signed AF618 and submitted to IPEB
02 Aug 18 - Called VA and was told “Pending decision approval”
04 Aug 18 - Claims are closed and forwarded back to the Air Force
09 Aug 18 - AF356 at PEBLO but clinic was closed (80% DoD/100% VA) TDRL
10 Aug 18 - Signed AF1180 in the morning and received retirement orders in afternoon

Thank you! It’s only been a week and I’m on edge! The Local DAWG recommended full MEB. Does AFPC usually agree with them?

The local DAWG won’t recommend a full MEB. They are just saying you have a conditon(s) that may be unfitting for the Air Force. That decision comes from the IRILO stage.

Also depending on what you’re being MEB’ed for, mental health or physical, could take shorter or longer in the IRILO process.

Thank you! It’s only been a week and I’m on edge! The Local DAWG recommended full MEB. Does AFPC usually agree with them?
How long did it take for the local DAWG to recommend an MEB ? I am dual status Air National Guard and my PEBLO sent my package (MH-PTSD) to the DAWG 15 weeks ago and I have heard nothing except they are behind. How long does it take to determine if I have an unfitting condition ? The wait times are beyond ridiculous. Help..............

My PEBLO submitted my CC input letter and the stuff from my PCM and it took maybe 2 days for their recommendations

Update: Got notified today that I will be going through full MEB. Took 1 week exactly. Does anyone have any advice I should know before diving into the process?

What are you being MED boarded for? I am currently Active duty air force going through an MEB for (EoE) Eosiniphilic Esophagitis. Hoping to get atleast 30% to get the retirement benefits from the DOD.

If the VA has my condition rated for 30% on the disability made easy website, does that mean that's what I will get from the DOD? because in my Narsum it says clear as day word for word that I have a moderate/mild esophageal stricture that will require dilations and steroids long term if not the rest of my life.

The VA schedule for ratings uses tables to explain individual ratings. From there you should be able to tell what percentage you should be getting...

i am getting MEB for Neurocardiogenic syncope. I’m not sure what my condition will be rated under, my VA rep said in his 17 yrs he’s never dealt with specifically Neurocardiogenic syncope. So hopefully I can get a good rating as well