Timeline

Hey y'all, first time poster.

I am currently going through the IRILO process. My paperwork from my PCM was started back in Sept and nothing has been sent to AFPC yet. My commander has done his impact letter, my LOD has been done the DAWG process has been completed as well (from what I have been told). My PEBLO is so terrible about informing me about anything that my commander is involved with getting in contact with her, also seems like she has an excuse for why my paperwork has gone anywhere (when I actually hear from her). From Oct 1- today, it has been 164 days I have been going through this process. Last I spoke to my PEBLO she told me my PCM was completing some checklist before she can send it off to AFPC. I am getting really pissed off with this whole process and am looking for any information possible.

1. Once my paperwork actually gets to AFPC, how long should they take with it and advise my PEBLO on their decision?
  2. How long after my PEBLO gets notification will I start going through the VA process?
  3. How do they determine my retirement date?
  4. Does the process start moving faster once the paperwork is sent to AFPC?

Sorry for all the questions, like I said earlier, I am extremely irritated by this process. It seems extremely broken and no one seems to understand that I like to be kept inform on things involving MY career.

Here we are, day 8 of waiting to hear back from AFPC. This crap is seriously getting old. I have been feeling like this whole process was meant to really test my patience and I just have this gut feeling that the rest of the way is going to miserably slow. -feeling frustrated as hell

I know, and it feels like it's never going to end. The anxiety is killing me but hopefully, we will hear something very soon. I wish you the best!!

Here we are, day 8 of waiting to hear back from AFPC. This crap is seriously getting old. I have been feeling like this whole process was meant to really test my patience and I just have this gut feeling that the rest of the way is going to miserably slow. -feeling frustrated as hell

Any word from AFPC yet? I am still waiting on VA ratings to come back (no shock there... it's only been 2 weeks). This process definitely does test your patience but I am so glad I will be getting this done now while still getting a paycheck versus playing the VA waiting game after getting out.

I though I would chime in here as I have similar timeline.

I was referred to IPEB 15 Mar 2019 and with VA for ratings 19 Mar 2019.
Waiting is lovely. I have over 20 years as well. Just want to get some dates so I can move on.

Any word from AFPC yet? I am still waiting on VA ratings to come back (no shock there... it's only been 2 weeks). This process definitely does test your patience but I am so glad I will be getting this done now while still getting a paycheck versus playing the VA waiting game after getting out.
Yeah I heard back from my PEBLO finally, we’ll not mine but her boss. Apparently I try to contact her too much! Her boss told me my packages came back from AFPC and they had some questions about everything, so here I am waiting again. I don’t even bother trying to find anything out from my PEBLO because I don’t ever hear anything back. This whole process is bull shit and I’m just done worrying about it. I’m getting paid to just sit there and wait. It’s ridiculous. But hey, I go in for a sleep study now for sleep apnea, so at least I’m getting that accomplished before I retire.

I feel your pain. It has taken four years to get my med board started here in Missouri. 25 years of service...I just want to get this crap done and get out. My PEB still has not officially met.