Timeline

Thepresident1981

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am Active Duty Air Force coming out of Holloman AFB. This process has been rather slow compared to some others on here. When compared to the timeline I was given and where I am in the IDES I am 140 days over schedule. Right at 240 days in, hoping VA gets the ratings sent to PEB before long. I have called the VA claims number and the fella looked at my case and said everything looked to be going cleanly but couldn't give me any insight on how long until they would send the proposed rating to the board. Not many people could give me insight on my RWOA, so for others in my boat, my case was Returned Without Action because my diagnosis of Narcolepsy needed further testing to be certain so the IPEB could correctly adjudicate the ratings for it. In my case it took me forever to get to JBSA to validate it, it was also a 20 day study. Anyhow if anyone has any insight on the timeframe until I get my ratings back that would be awesome. My PEBLO here is very helpful and upon speculation she thinks the IPEB should have the ratings back to me before the end of January, if the VA sends them over soon.

May 15 2019 - Referral to MEB
Aug 8 2019 - NARSUM finished
Aug 12 2019 - UNFIT Full Board
Aug 15 2019 - VA Claims and C and P exams started
Oct 1 2019 - MEB package submitted to the IPEB
Oct 2 2019 - IPEB Returned the case without action (RWOA, needed validation of DX)
Dec 19 2019 - Resubmitted package to the IPEB
Dec 20 2019 - MBR was found UNFIT and my case was sent to VA for ratings
Jan 4 2020 - E-benefits changed to Prep for Decision

Besides the return and resubmission; I would say getting until i less than two days is a record timing.

How many co dictions did you claim? Also, after you submitted a second tome, what was your wait time from the moment you were found unfit to the moment you received your ratings?

I want an idea for my timeline :(

13 claimed conditions. They sent it to the board the second time and i was found unfit by the next day. I received my rating Jan 20th if i remember correctly, I finaled out the 6th of Feb. My DOS is 24th of Feb. Honestly my PEBLO seemed way more helpful then the others I read of. I called her several times asking the same questions and she answered them to the best of her knowledge everytime. Where at are you in the process?

I signed my 618 form yesterday and it was submitted yesterday as well. Right now I’m waiting for notification on whether or not I’m fit or unfit (it’ll be unfit) and then it’s sent to the VA. I claimed 18 conditions, so I’m hoping it’s as fast as yours went. Please keep me in prayer. I know I’m a complete stranger to you, but I’m so stressed and filled with anxiety over this mess and it’s messing with my head too. So please pray this process is quick for me so I can get home to my family. I can’t do this alone anymore

Once I was found UNFIT it went very quickly, the biggest thing to remember is that its a process and its worth the wait. My process was fairly long and excruciatingly anxious for the wait and the not knowing anything. IN the end you will be with your family and everything will be ok. Just tell yourself its out of your hands and try to enjoy the smaller things in life until the bigger things fall back into place. Good luck with your journey my friend!

Once I was found UNFIT it went very quickly, the biggest thing to remember is that its a process and its worth the wait. My process was fairly long and excruciatingly anxious for the wait and the not knowing anything. IN the end you will be with your family and everything will be ok. Just tell yourself its out of your hands and try to enjoy the smaller things in life until the bigger things fall back into place. Good luck with your journey my friend!
Wow I really needed to hear that because I’m currently crying Hahahah sorry but I’m honest, I’ve been a wreck and praying I get home around April timeframe. I have good people by my side who are trying to advocate and be my voice because nothing was done up until I got the 2 star general involved.

I truly believe in the power of prayer and though that sounds silly to a few people on here, my prayers have always been answered, so I am begging everyone (those I know and don’t) to please pray on my behalf. Pray I get home just in time to move into a place and start school. I don’t have a mom or dad to help me, so I’ll need to do everything on my own. I don’t even care what my rating will be, I’ll take anything, i just need to get home with my family because this mentally abuse at work and all else that follows is not okay anymore.

prayers please

The greatest thing about the VA is it has a massive list of resources that'll not only help with school but jobs and healthcare and housing. Honestly alot of people talk about how terrible it is but for me its been the direct opposite. Just reach out to those resources, they're there to help!