Started Limdu: August of 2020
Started IDES process Feb 21
Legal Council: March 2nd 21
Finished all QTC Apts: March
MEB Referral Date: April 19th 21
NMA done: April 20th 21
MEB Certified: April 21st 21
MEB End date: May 6th 21
Submitted to the PEB: May 27th (don't know why my PEBLO held it for 3 weeks she was blaming the Naval Hospital the whole time saying they hadn't signed their portion. But that was a lie because they signed on the 6th)
PEB accepted on MOL: June 11th 21
VA Compensation: Came back at 50% sometime in July

Are you on the east coast? and how did you get your VA compensation rating? i thought that it came back when the package came back from the PEB.

Are you on the east coast? and how did you get your VA compensation rating? i thought that it came back when the package came back from the PEB.
That’s the way it is supposed to be in case you are found fit for duty by the PEB even with a disability rating. If your PEBLO is cool he/she might tell you it before the PEB is over. I found out I got preliminary rating of 100% in June and I’m still waiting for the PEB since 3 May.

No im on Pendleton. After all of your QTC appointments you should be able to log onto VA.gov and track your claim status. It's going to be sitting in evidence gathering/ review for the longest time but eventually you'll get a proposed DoD disability letter that you can accept (do nothing) or put in a rebuttal. DoD and VA disability are completely separate. The PEB is who gives you your DoD disability.

No im on Pendleton. After all of your QTC appointments you should be able to log onto VA.gov and track your claim status. It's going to be sitting in evidence gathering/ review for the longest time but eventually you'll get a proposed DoD disability letter that you can accept (do nothing) or put in a rebuttal. DoD and VA disability are completely separate. The PEB is who gives you your DoD disability.
i have a notification that my decision is ready but i have not received a letter. Is there a way to check this online?

i have a notification that my decision is ready but i have not received a letter. Is there a way to check this online?
The PEB does not give you your DoD disability rating. Your DoD disability rating is done by the VA. You DoD rating is derived from the rating(s) for the condition(s) the PEB found unfitting.

Received this from my PEBLO this morning in response to questions about how quickly the PEB was clearing the medical officer backlog.

"That amount of cases in the medical officer que was to give you an idea of the back log the Medical officer Que. How they are working the case back log I am not sure.. if it is on a first in first out then yes Sir you have that 2,450 cases in front of you."

"Currently none of the cases in the que are being worked because the PEB don’t have a Medical Officer (I don’t know what happen to the Doctors at the PEB). I have been told not to expect any movement on cases anytime soon."

Received this from my PEBLO this morning in response to questions about how quickly the PEB was clearing the medical officer backlog.

"That amount of cases in the medical officer que was to give you an idea of the back log the Medical officer Que. How they are working the case back log I am not sure.. if it is on a first in first out then yes Sir you have that 2,450 cases in front of you."

"Currently none of the cases in the que are being worked because the PEB don’t have a Medical Officer (I don’t know what happen to the Doctors at the PEB). I have been told not to expect any movement on cases anytime soon."
Theres no way this can be true. I fucking hope not. People have gotten results within the last week so there is at least one medical officer there. Someone did mention that they are changing their process so maybe that has something to do with it but I think maybe your Peblo is taking you for a ride and politely telling you to fuck off, nothing is happening. idk. Hopefully my congressman inquiry will get me out of here soon, i'm dyin.

Theres no way this can be true. I fucking hope not. People have gotten results within the last week so there is at least one medical officer there. Someone did mention that they are changing their process so maybe that has something to do with it but I think maybe your Peblo is taking you for a ride and politely telling you to fuck off, nothing is happening. idk. Hopefully my congressman inquiry will get me out of here soon, i'm dyin.
My PEBLO isn't always the most responsive but he doesn't seem like the type of person to make up a story because I keep asking for updates. I hope he is wrong about the PEB not having a medical officer but I've been CC'd on some of his emails to the PEB and I've seen their responses so I know he is legit talking to the PEB. I doubt he is taking me for a ride.

My PEBLO isn't always the most responsive but he doesn't seem like the type of person to make up a story because I keep asking for updates. I hope he is wrong about the PEB not having a medical officer but I've been CC'd on some of his emails to the PEB and I've seen their responses so I know he is legit talking to the PEB. I doubt he is taking me for a ride.
Submitting an IG complaint is a great idea! I may end up doing the same.

I believe that if there is enough attention brought on the PEB from exterior higher sources, progress will be made. For many people at the PEB this is simply a job, but for all of us going through this process this is our life and it directly affects it. It is not our fault that the PEB may be low on personnel, but it needs to be addressed and fixed.

Thats a real bummer. Sad to hear. I have written my JAG to see if he has any gouge on the situation. My JAG recommended that i ask my Congressman for help so theres that. He has no faith in the PEB either. lol.

I mean honestly, how do you give all the doctors orders out of the PEB without having someone there to replace them or at least inbound? Especially for such an important command and process.
Extremely poor planning and supervision is the reason for that.

Submitting an IG complaint is a great idea! I may end up doing the same.

I called the IGMC hotline and the Action Officer that answered said I should file the complaint under "none of the matters listed on this page" Clicking the link takes you to the digital form to fill out out file an IG complaint.

Working on it now but might take a while because I still have a day job. lol

I called the IGMC hotline and the Action Officer that answered said I should file the complaint under "none of the matters listed on this page" Clicking the link takes you to the digital form to fill out out file an IG complaint.

Working on it now but might take a while because I still have a day job. lol
I appreciate you giving me the link!

The PEB does not give you your DoD disability rating. Your DoD disability rating is done by the VA. You DoD rating is derived from the rating(s) for the condition(s) the PEB found unfitting.

From my understanding you have your VA disability which the VA gives you and then DoD disability is the conditions the PEB finds you unfit for. VA handles VA Disability and DoD handles DoD rating/disability. The VA doesn't care what the PEB determines you unfit for their rating is completely independent form the PEB and they don't deal with them at all.

From my understanding you have your VA disability which the VA gives you and then DoD disability is the conditions the PEB finds you unfit for. VA handles VA Disability and DoD handles DoD rating/disability. The VA doesn't care what the PEB determines you unfit for their rating is completely independent form the PEB and they don't deal with them at all.

DoD does the ratings if you go through LDES but VA does them if you go through IDES.

"LDES referral, a process by which the DoD alone determines whether referred RSMs are fit for continued military service and determines appropriate disability rating for those determined unfit who are separate or retired."

"The IDES includes both the DoD and VA medical evaluations. DoD evaluates the medical and physical condition of wounded warriors to determine fitness for military duty. The VA evaluates and rates the extent of disabilities, if wounded warriors are found unfit, and determines the level of compensation they are entitled to receive."

The QTC appointments that you go to are for the VA. The MEB conditions listed are the only thing the PEB looks to see if unfit for duty. I.e. my VA rating incudes shoulder, hip, hearing, right knee, ect. but my PEB only has one condition that they can determine my DoD rating from. VA ratings are what youre getting for the rest of your life just like everybody else who gets out and claims things with the VA. DoD just determines if you're going to get severance (10% or 20%) or retired (>30%).