Timeline

anrm

Registered Member
Just getting started in this process, want to make an updated timeline as things happen.

I've been injured/on profile since fall of 2020 and was told that the ortho clinic requested a permanent running profile, which is why the med board was initiated
If anyone can let me know tips or some helpful information I would really appreciate it

Also, I have not heard of many with my condition and was wondering if any of you have the same, it is Osteochondritis dissecans of the left ankle. Had surgery in June 21 but was not 100% successful. Feels like nothing has changed.
  • Oct 17 22, Code 37 initiated
  • Nov 3 22, MEB Brief
  • Nov 15 22, 1185 (Do not retain) signed and submitted to PEBLO
  • Nov 16 22, PEBLO notified me NARSUM still has not been submitted

• Dec 13 22, Still no NARSUM from PCM
  • Dec 29 22, Second surgery
Hopefully by January the NARSUM will be submitted. I come back form convalescent leave Jan 23, 2023

NARSUM had to be resubmitted because 1185 took too long to get to the PEBLO. Eventually, AFPC found me unfit. VA reached out within two weeks to have me file for each of my claims. VES is scheduling my exams now. I have four from what I can see, 5/4, 5/16, 5/18, and one that is TBD.

What do I do if two of my claimed conditions were diagnosed, but my C&P examiner inputted that I was not diagnosed. I was diagnosed after our hospital switched to MHS Genesis and I do not believe the records that the examiner had reflected that change. I am still in my VA appointment process but I only have two more.

What do I do if two of my claimed conditions were diagnosed, but my C&P examiner inputted that I was not diagnosed. I was diagnosed after our hospital switched to MHS Genesis and I do not believe the records that the examiner had reflected that change. I am still in my VA appointment process but I only have two more.
you can take a copy to your C&P front office and they will add it to your records and make necessary adjusts. Just be specific on what you think should be updated.

Just getting started in this process, want to make an updated timeline as things happen.

I've been injured/on profile since fall of 2020 and was told that the ortho clinic requested a permanent running profile, which is why the med board was initiated
If anyone can let me know tips or some helpful information I would really appreciate it

Also, I have not heard of many with my condition and was wondering if any of you have the same, it is Osteochondritis dissecans of the left ankle. Had surgery in June 21 but was not 100% successful. Feels like nothing has changed.
  • Oct 17 22, Code 37 initiated
  • Nov 3 22, MEB Brief
  • Nov 15 22, 1185 (Do not retain) signed and submitted to PEBLO
  • Nov 16 22, PEBLO notified me NARSUM still has not been submitted
Fellow OCD sufferer here! I developed an OCD lesion on the distal portion of my right femur after an accident during a training op back in December of 2022. Fast forward to July 2023, had an OATS procedure to replace the "bad bone." Six months later and here we are now - a failed procedure and a MEB initiated as of last week. I, too, feel as if nothing has changed. The pain and symptoms are exactly, if not worse, than before surgery. Locking and popping of my knee/patella. Knee giving out. Severe pain (as if someone is driving a nail into my femur).

Did you also receive an OATS procedure? Where are you at in your MEB process? Thought I was the only one here. Hope to hear from you soon.