Tinnitus is disqualifying me from ATC Duty, help

golfchuck

Registered Member
I am being permanently grounded due to tinnitus and thus disqualifying me from Air Traffic Control duties. I really don't wont to do anything else in the Navy but I have to cross rate or get out. Does anyone have information on severance package I could receive if I didn't choose another rate? I am currently just over 10 years of active service and have 5 more left on my contract. Also, I would be interested in continuing service to retirement as a Reserve, but dint know what the effect on any severance pay it may have.

I am being permanently grounded due to tinnitus and thus disqualifying me from Air Traffic Control duties. I really don't wont to do anything else in the Navy but I have to cross rate or get out. Does anyone have information on severance package I could receive if I didn't choose another rate? I am currently just over 10 years of active service and have 5 more left on my contract. Also, I would be interested in continuing service to retirement as a Reserve, but dint know what the effect on any severance pay it may have.

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hmm, I shall defer to @Jason Perry and/or @maparker and/or other PEB Forum members for their sound insightful feedback to your specific inquiry at this point! Take care, get well, and enjoy life! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!