script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

TRICARE Eligibility

I didn’t see anything regarding TRICARE, but my question is at what point of the dreaded process will TRICARE enrollment be brought up and what level of TRICARE am I eligible for?

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I didn’t see anything regarding TRICARE, but my question is at what point of the dreaded process will TRICARE enrollment be brought up and what level of TRICARE am I eligible for?
Hello,

I am unfamiliar with when TRICARE enrollment is "brought up."

Assuming you are a retiree, your TRICARE options are shown at:
Home | TRICARE <---LINK

Reference: Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System | TRICARE <---LINK
You must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System(DEERS) A database of information on uniformed services members (sponsors), U.S.-sponsored foreign military, DoD and uniformed services civilians, other personnel as directed by the DoD, and their family members. You need to register in DEERS to get TRICARE. (DEERS) to get your TRICARE benefit.

• Sponsors are automatically registered in DEERS
  • Sponsors must register eligible family members
Ron

Last edited:

Elementglt

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello, rookie here. However, I was told that the first day of retirement (assuming like Ron) you can go to your local deers office and enroll. Please anyone correct me if I am wrong, but I hope this helps.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
You can enroll via telephone. It was easy. You pick none, Prime or Select. If you are Medicare eligible to select Tricare for Life.