TSGLI issue help!

subie_freak

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
hi everyone,
Ive had my microdiscectomy L5/L6 done recently, the surgery itself went great, recovery went good, however with any back surgery you cant really move afterwards for a week or so. I also didn't drive or engage in sexual activities for a month via doctors orders. so come to the 2 week post op check up, I tell him everything is going smoothly but I also said I couldn't do the above things and that i'll file a TSGLI claim since im eligible. he didn't know what that was and I explained. most people don't know what TSGLI is.
TSGLI is a traumatic injury that puts you out of work. whether from an actual injury or a surgery that has down time. major body parts have a $ listed for it but also ADL (assisted daily Living) where you need assistance because of that injury. there are like 10 different things you can claim and you only need to claim 2 of them to meet criteria.
So, back to the check up, turns out my doctors *cked me and just put "recovery from surgery going great" in the notes and nothing about the fact I had to get help getting dressed, going to the bathroom, unable to drive and engage in sexual activities. I specifically told him to annotate that so I can add it to my claim later on since he didn't know anything about TSGLI and id take care of it and he said okay no problem hed love to help me out. so after waiting forever to get back to him he said he cant edit the check up notes and a separate note wont work. So im pretty pissed the fact he couldn't take the few seconds to write in what I originally said and requested. im sure there is a way to have it changed to reflect my recovery but it seems like he doesn't know or cares to find out. has anyone gone through this before or know any resources I can go to for help?

Thanks!

hi everyone,
Ive had my microdiscectomy L5/L6 done recently, the surgery itself went great, recovery went good, however with any back surgery you cant really move afterwards for a week or so. I also didn't drive or engage in sexual activities for a month via doctors orders. so come to the 2 week post op check up, I tell him everything is going smoothly but I also said I couldn't do the above things and that i'll file a TSGLI claim since im eligible. he didn't know what that was and I explained. most people don't know what TSGLI is.
TSGLI is a traumatic injury that puts you out of work. whether from an actual injury or a surgery that has down time. major body parts have a $ listed for it but also ADL (assisted daily Living) where you need assistance because of that injury. there are like 10 different things you can claim and you only need to claim 2 of them to meet criteria.
So, back to the check up, turns out my doctors *cked me and just put "recovery from surgery going great" in the notes and nothing about the fact I had to get help getting dressed, going to the bathroom, unable to drive and engage in sexual activities. I specifically told him to annotate that so I can add it to my claim later on since he didn't know anything about TSGLI and id take care of it and he said okay no problem hed love to help me out. so after waiting forever to get back to him he said he cant edit the check up notes and a separate note wont work. So im pretty pissed the fact he couldn't take the few seconds to write in what I originally said and requested. im sure there is a way to have it changed to reflect my recovery but it seems like he doesn't know or cares to find out. has anyone gone through this before or know any resources I can go to for help?

Thanks!

Any follow up information on this? Info would help!

Subi__freak last posted more than three years ago.

Recommend you start your own thread with your specific questions.

Ron