Chefitup29

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey there! So I have been diagnosed with Ulcerative Pancolitis. I am on Remicade and immunosuppressants. I have just completed my 3rd infusion but now the docs are telling me I am most likely going to be Medboarded. I am Active Duty Army with 6 year TIS. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I am in the same boat as you. I’m in the Marines and got diagnosed with severe ulcerative colitis 2 months ago I was put on light duty, then got jumped straight to a med board. I’m on immuran and remicade. These weaken your immune system which makes you non deployable.

I am in the same boat as you. I’m in the Marines and got diagnosed with severe ulcerative colitis 2 months ago I was put on light duty, then got jumped straight to a med board. I’m on immuran and remicade. These weaken your immune system which makes you non deployable.
Yea I'm feeling that weekend immune system now. I was good for the 2 month I was on it, then someone in my office started with a cough....24 hrs later I'm in the ER with 101 fever and upper respiratory infection. Did they give you the pneumonia vaccines yet?

Yeap, you most likely will be medically retired/discharged depending on how bad of uc you have i have severe. Depending on the army’s fitness requirements.