Unable to find diagnosis to physcial side effects looking for guidance

cschultz1978

Registered Member
Hello all,

I have done a lot of research on here and it has helped me a lot; however I still have not found a path to a doctor that can diagnose me much less help me yet so looking at CFS or the new Gulf War Syndrome

Endocronogist 2013-2015: All clear, yearly monitoring by MRI and blood testing. "Spotty T2 hyperintensisties in frontal lobe area of brain" was the only thing found and all my doctors say that is related to migraines and nothing else.

4 different PCMs 2013-2017: All testing clear. Xrays, CAT, ext of joints and back all clear nothing seen.

Neurologist 2017: Finally got pointed at MS and I was actually hoping for it. Sorry to say and incensitive to say for those who do have it so I appoligize, but thought it would be an answer. MRI brain and spine and blood testing done. Also did nerve testing of arms. All clear nothing found at all on any of it.

Neurotherapist Feb 2017: EEG testing done. Showed right side and right frontal lobe areas were not "firing" in normal ranges so started neurotherapy which is watching a TV screen and little blips going off. Saw NO improvement in any of my symptoms so stopped.

Psychologist Jan 2017: EMDR breathing, grounding, ext. diagnosed with chronic PTSD which is due to the social withdraw, anxiety, depression, ext.

Neuropsychological evaluation Oct 2017: basically memory testing because my long term, short term, and common sense are now issues. Came back below average or impaired in several areas mainly processing speed impairement. findings: anxiety, depression, PTSD.

I am still on active duty and was trying to make it to retirement; however doesn't appear it is going to happen. One of my doctors called the Army with "concerns" and that triggered the profile system to start which I assume will go to fit for duty board. I was on Tricare Prime Remote so keeping everything below the radar until last year when my memory started getting worse and I had to tell my chain I was seeking medical help to find out cause but it died from there.

All my doctors say mental now but that doesn't explain the physical in my mind. So I was pointed toward CFS or whatever they are calling the new Gulf War Syndrome. So I am getting a referal to a reumatologist now for diagnosis; however I don't see CFS explaining it all either adn was looking for feedback from the forum.

Basic symptom overview:
what I call "nerve" pain. stabbing fire like pain in knees, elbows, shoulder blades that comes and goes. Can last days or weeks when it hits.
same kind of pain in temples and behind my ear like in the bone. told it is a type of migraine.
Vertigo/dizzy spells that come and go
lower back pain. Like it seizes up, crushes in, can't hardly stand back up if it hits. comes and goes
Memory long, short, common sense. Long term like I can't remember life moments large events.
Anxiety, depression, social withdraw, life fog, groundhog day, everything is a chore even stuff that use to be fun like camping
Eye pain like burning and uncontrollable jumping of the eye comes and goes
spells of blury vision, bad night vision
uncontrollable trembling, facial twitching, finger twitching, muscle spasuming
slurred speech, mixing up words
sleep issues, I have a CPAP but no improvement as far as fatigue
always tired, everything a task

Could the doctors be right and mentally I am doing all this to myself? I just don't buy it but maybe.

I have spent tons of money out of pocket for specialties Tricare didn't pay for or for opinions from doctors not covered but still have no real answer except it is mental and all I can do is medicate myself with Xanax and Cymbalta for the rest of my life to treat the symptoms of PTSD.

Looks like fit for duty, PEB, MEB is in my near future so I am starting to read everyones experiences and it looks rough. Sorry for how long everyone has to deal with the process and the numerous fights you have to put up. I am weighing my options on maybe just doing the VA fight and ETSing without retirement at least I would just have to fight one government beast and not two. 16 years down the drain. I just don't know if I can stay on AD for the time it takes to medical board out.

Thanks to any feedback on possibel doctors I should be seeing to rule things out or find a actual diagnois.

I even reached out to one of those online doctors that specialize in VA claims to see if he could give me a clinical opinion of what he thinks is going on with me. He is a psychologist thought maybe he could explain from his experience how the above could all be mental or rule it out. Charges a good chunk but hopefully worth it. He said about 2 months to get it back.

Thanks to all,
Chris

tony292

PEB Forum Veteran
I would recommend getting a referral to get a full neuro-psych evaluation done. This can help point to a diagnosis at least for the mental side of it.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">