Unfit for Duty

I received my unfit to continue military service memorandum for the following PEB unfitting conditions:

a. Right plantar fasciitis (MEB Dx 1) (V1-N; V3-N; V4-N)
b. Left plantar fasciitis (MEB Dx 2) (V1-N; V3-N; V4-N)

The memorandum is dated 09 January 2019 so I am still awaiting the percentage decision.

I figured I would post for archive purposes in case somebody has a similar experience as I have had.

My MEDB process was initiated back in mid-October 2018. The holidays put a big stall on a lot of things. I believe I may appeal my ratings no matter the numbers because I am nervous about transitioning out since I have yet to land a civilian job and need to buy some more time.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, albeit no worries and take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

As of today, 29-Jan I still have yet to hear back on anything. I'll be taking leave tomorrow until 8-Feb. I am sure my PEBLO will update me on anything if ratings come back while I am on leave.

My PEBLO reached out to me via e-mail and informed me that I was rated VA: 70% DoD: 30% Permanent Retirement.

I am going to accept these findings when I get back from leave on Monday, Feb-11.

If anyone has any questions please don't hesistate to ask me!

My PEBLO reached out to me via e-mail and informed me that I was rated VA: 70% DoD: 30% Permanent Retirement.

I am going to accept these findings when I get back from leave on Monday, Feb-11.

Congratulations on your findings, best of luck in your future.

Indeed, this is outstanding news; congratulations! Enjoy the remainder of your military leave! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Glad everything went well for you.

Above all, I hope the issue(s) that forced your retirement don't cause you too many problem as you transition into your new life! Best of luck with the remainder of the process!

how long where you suffering for before they finally decided to MEB board you? I have been suffering for almost a year, they sent me out to NTC and made me dismount with messed up foot, they took me off of profile ro chipo me to Korea, where I currently walk 3+ miles a day and it has started in my other foot now, also causing an extremely painful case of tendonitis in my left foot. I am unable to do 90% of cardio and have gained weight, and they are trying to kick me out for Height and weight instead. what should i do to push for a MEB? How can I push for a MEB?

how long where you suffering for before they finally decided to MEB board you? I have been suffering for almost a year, they sent me out to NTC and made me dismount with messed up foot, they took me off of profile ro chipo me to Korea, where I currently walk 3+ miles a day and it has started in my other foot now, also causing an extremely painful case of tendonitis in my left foot. I am unable to do 90% of cardio and have gained weight, and they are trying to kick me out for Height and weight instead. what should i do to push for a MEB? How can I push for a MEB?
Times can differ. I know for me I had plantar fasciitis symptoms in both feet starting in 2012 and could only do walk test. Ended up doing surgery on both feet and it got worse and had been trying for a board for over 4 years since and just had IRILO start this year. I can barely walk for over 10 minutes, cant stand long, have not done any cardio on my PT test for over 4 years. Ended up just getting the right PCM that was willing to listen about my symptoms and push for board.

sorry to hear that, hopefully it ends well for you. they decided to finally put me on a permanent profile, even though it is only a P2, being a combat MOS it will push into a MEB, and then they will decide if I'm fit for duty, they sId since it's my feet they probably will find me unfit. now I just have to lose some weight because I'm on the verge of being kicked out through a chapter 18 and idk how all that will play out

Congratulations on your findings, best of luck in your future.

When you received the unfit notice/ memo did you find out PDRL at the same time?

Sorry I dropped the ball on this thread! Been busy getting married & honeymooning. I got put on the TRANSPROC list back in February with a NLT of 13-May.

I think I first noticed symptoms back in AIT. My total time spent in TRADOC was about 10 months. I feel as though in the TRADOC environment you are always on the go. You don't have time to think and your goal is to get through the training and graduate. After a PCS and reaching my unit, everything just seemed to slow down, waaaaaaay down. Being a 35 series, I had to wait on a clearance for almost a year. All we had was PT and I think I just over worked my feet and gave myself permanent damage. I was on and off profile several times, always temporary. Throughout my medical treatment history for Bi-lateral Plantar Fasciitis, I have tried shoe inserts, changing running shoes/combat boots, SEVERAL cortizone steroid shots, and bi-lateral non-invasive shockwave therapy (they put you under anesthesia). The last treatment option I have is to conduct bi-lateral invasive surgery and it sounds like Triks did not have a good outcome with theirs.

Ultimately, it was all about finding the right Podiatrist. I saw my Podiatrist more than my own PCM and she was able to initiate my MEDB. The first Podiatrist I visited basically handed me shoe inserts and told me to have nice day. I decided I needed a second opinion and found another Podiatrist who really seemed to give a damn and wanted to do her due diligence to try and get me better. Although we did not succeed, we at least exhausted all treatment options (besides another surgery). She gave me 2 options: You can suck it up and fulfill the remainder of your contract OR I can upgrade your P2 into a P3 and we can initiate the MEDB. I needed time to talk to my wife and weigh my options because my career was on the line. I wanted more experience in the Intelligence Community, but at the same time, I could not keep up with the amount of training days and PT events my unit conducted. I went back in about a month or so later and came to the decision to initiate a MEDB. I felt it was the right decision for myself, my family, and the Army at the end of the day.

lucky208,

I did not find out about being put on the PDRL until the VA/PEB findings/ratings had been sent back to my PEBLO.

The unfit memo basically just gives you that reassurance that your MEDB is going to continue through the IDES process and that you are unfit for duty and will not be retained.

Good luck on your wait. I am traditional National Guard and have waited four years for a Med Board. I have almost 26 years in and want to go. However, I have very painful injuries that impede my walking. And the clock keeps ticking....tick tock tick tock

Good luck on your wait. I am traditional National Guard and have waited four years for a Med Board. I have almost 26 years in and want to go. However, I have very painful injuries that impede my walking. And the clock keeps ticking....tick tock tick tock

Sorry to hear that your process has taken this long. There truly needs to be some reform to the entire process.

I had to go all but "Congressional" to get things going. I have a BG and state SGM tracking this now after being screwed around for four years. I wish you luck and your case fairly expedited.

I was put on a P3 profile, was supposed to be redeployed from Korea early, but they kept me the whole time, my 1st Sgt did everything he could to get it reduced to a P2 profile so they can kick me out for height and weight, he was successful and now I'm fighting to get back on a P3. My feet have caused depression, knee and hip pain, and both feet are always hurting and causing me to limp. hell half the time I can barely walk. He even has been trying to get me a less than honorable discharge all because he doesn't like me. if anyone has any idea what I can do to fight this, it would be much appreciated