Unfit.....

Randy Williams

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have just been notified that I was found unfit on 2 Aug 12, ebeneifits states "pending decision approval" How much longer do you guys think I have? Should I start putting in resumes for a new job?

I have just been notified that I was found unfit on 2 Aug 12, ebeneifits states "pending decision approval" How much longer do you guys think I have? Should I start putting in resumes for a new job?

I started posting resumes about mid-April and I started my MEB process in late Feburary. My ebennies states the same thing and I contacted my PEBLO and he said that they are preparing my Fit/Unfit memo right now. It takes about 6 months before you start to get offers for jobs that you want or that are related to your skill set. I would strongly suggest that you start posting resumes and attending ACAP ASAP!!!

Bradley-Morris.com - is a military placement organization. No cost to soldiers.
Civilianjobs.com - apart of Bardley-Morris. Specializes in veteran placement.
Careerbuilder.com
Monster.com
Recruitmilitary.com
H2H.jobs - Hero 2 Hired

Just to name a few!!!

Good luck. I think you should know something more within the next 30-45 days. I would definitely start job searching. Sounds like you pick when you want to terminate. Usually 30-60 days after the 199 is signed. If anyone else has advice...please chime in.

latest word form my PEBLO is 3-4 months to get DA199 after receiving unfit letter. I was found unfit Jun 28 DRAS received the letter July 6 and as of July 25 my MSC said the VA was finished rating me. I received the unfit letter 27 July. As far as job hunting goes, it will probably be difficult since you are unable to commit to a start date for the employer if you were to be hired.

Yeah I would agree w/pwnnator with not being able to commit to a start date w/an employer; however, I would still start because it takes awhile to start getting hits on your resume. Another soldier and myself have being getting offers and we have had to explain the situation to them; however if they like what you have to say and are very interested in you, they probably will make an exception.

latest word form my PEBLO is 3-4 months to get DA199 after receiving unfit letter. I was found unfit Jun 28 DRAS received the letter July 6 and as of July 25 my MSC said the VA was finished rating me. I received the unfit letter 27 July. As far as job hunting goes, it will probably be difficult since you are unable to commit to a start date for the employer if you were to be hired.

How did you find out that you were unfit? I am still waiting on the unofficial word before the official letter comes. My PEBLO just told me yesterday that they were working on the memo, so shouldnt the PEBLO have an unofficial word about my status?

I was emailed my unfit letter after the PEBLO received it. The date on the memo was 28JUNE which is close to my ebenefits update of the VA receiving something from the PEB. I guessed that I was unfit when I saw that ebenefits showed that they received something. I didn't receive the unfit letter until 27JULY which is the same day my PEBLO got it.

I was emailed my unfit letter after the PEBLO received it. The date on the memo was 28JUNE which is close to my ebenefits update of the VA receiving something from the PEB. I guessed that I was unfit when I saw that ebenefits showed that they received something. I didn't receive the unfit letter until 27JULY which is the same day my PEBLO got it.

thanks!!!