Unit giving me a hard time.

confirmation_requried

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm not sure what to do anymore. My PSG is a lunatic. I am being MEB'd for Asthma and was forced to go to the gas chamber because my profile did not explicitly say "no gas chamber" only no more than 4 hours of mask use. I even requested that I be allowed to see the PA before hand to let him decide if it was a good idea. I was denied. I have since been more ill and filed a complain with my Ombudsman. Now I am getting pulled from ACAP VOW 5 day class because he feels I need to go to a range. I feel like he is gunning for me and i'm in his sights. I am at my whits end. Any advice would be appreciated.

You have quite a few options... talk to your PL, discuss this with the Chaplain (he will have conversations with the BN Chain-of-Command), IG is always a route you can go.

Your PSG is putting himself in a bad position.

I called IG, they recommend I speak to commander about it first. I'm going to go that route first to see what happens.

Start with the 1SG to keep the NCO chain intact. ACAP is a hot issue is the Army, and commanders are supposed to be personally invested in each transitioning soldiers plan. Add that with the fact you are going through MEB, and I am sure that they won't concur with the PSG. If that doesn't work, follow the chain up, and use the Ombudsman. Notify your PEBLO as well. A commander is responsible to ensure MEB soldiers attend all appointments. If you missed one because you had something going, I am sure it would be the riot act treatment for you.

Joe

I'm not sure what to do anymore. My PSG is a lunatic. I am being MEB'd for Asthma and was forced to go to the gas chamber because my profile did not explicitly say "no gas chamber" only no more than 4 hours of mask use. I even requested that I be allowed to see the PA before hand to let him decide if it was a good idea. I was denied. I have since been more ill and filed a complain with my Ombudsman. Now I am getting pulled from ACAP VOW 5 day class because he feels I need to go to a range. I feel like he is gunning for me and i'm in his sights. I am at my whits end. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have had to deal with idiots like the one you are decribing before and after exhausting all avenues except going to the IG I had a bad day and gave him a verbal lashing which resulted in me losing a stripe. I was quite a bit younger and a whole lot less wiser than I am now and I made a mistake and the AF was very strict about cursing out an E-6 wven when he is the idiot who started it. Never the less the moral of my story is don't make the same mistake I did and just bite your tongue and try everything you can an when you have tried it all try it again. Just don't lose your temper and ruin all the good things you have going for you.

Thanks Bobby! I appreciate the advice. I am doing everything I can and will do my best not to loose my bearing. In an update I just had a conversation with my PA that my situation would be best served at the WTU and he submitted the paperwork (matrix) Anyone familiar with the timeline that has?

Thanks Bobby! I appreciate the advice. I am doing everything I can and will do my best not to loose my bearing. In an update I just had a conversation with my PA that my situation would be best served at the WTU and he submitted the paperwork (matrix) Anyone familiar with the timeline that has?

Request a DA4856 (developmental counseling statement) each and every time he makes a request. Carry them around with you for him to fill out. If he does not fill one out then type up your own memorandum for the record and email it to yourself. This will put a time/date stamp on the MFR.

Your PSG will quickly realize you are creating a paper trail of his harassment and will most likely back off.

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hmm, has your particular situation improved in reference to your participation within the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process at this point in time?

To that extent, have you had a conversation with our PL initially to try to resolve the issue at the lowest level then your 1SG prior to any potential appointment with your Company Commander?

Nonetheless, please remain positively proactive and keep pressing onward to ensure that injustice doesn't prevail; that's my stance...never default acceptance to potential injustice! ;)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!