Unreasonable requirements on the military to maintain or protect the service member

Beacon77

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That portion of the DoD instruction sounds very subjective to me. How do they determine what is unreasonable? My genetic disease requires me to have an abdominal CT scan, an ophthalmology exam and a blood test every year and an MRI of the CNS every two years.

I also have other issues regarding my condition. I have cysts on my pancreas. They do not cause any problems. I have a growth on a kidney that will need to be removed once it reaches 3cm. I also have five spinal cord tumors in my lumbar region. Those do not cause any issues at the present time. Their growth rates are unpredictable. They may cause problems or they may not grow for years so it is unclear if or when I will need surgery for those. I have already had one spinal cord tumor removed which led to my diagnosis and MEB/PEB.

I have just been reading through all of the DoD instructions and AF instructions trying to figure out what the boards will rule. So far, it always seems to rely on the board members and how they feel that day.