script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Unsure on next steps to take when unjustifiably denied an LOD

I have been denied an LOD with the remarks of "Existed prior to Service - LOD N/A."
However the DOD Instruction 1332.18 Prior service impairment covers this portion of my claim due to me being a prior service member. I have an extensive medical record during my active duty term where I received ongoing treatment. I submitted an appeal to the findings, but I feel that they will deny my appeal. It seems as if it is me against the Air Force and I do not have enough "pull" to get them to do the right thing and follow regulations. I did not have a break in service from Active Duty to Reserve, which is why I am confused on how they consider my condition to have existed prior to service. To my understanding, the Air Force Reserve views the Air Force Active Duty as a separate service and anything that incurred during that time is irrelevant once you enter reserve service. I really need some advice, suggestions, or anything because this has been extremely stressful for me and has caused me to miss work due to the stress and reoccurring migraines.

ANSU07

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm in a similar situation and trying to get answers but no one has been able to definitively tell me.