Gentlemen and Ladies Im unsure where to even post this properly but here is a shot in the dark. My situation was that I was MEB'ed in Jan 09 at 10% from the Army for "Chronic Back Pain" and separated (Heres 10 grand thanks for showing up to the war best of luck scenario). (I will attempt to keep this short). The VA later gave me
"Climb to Glory"
- Thoracolumbar spine degenerative joint disease with sacral strain L4-S1 disc bulge w myofascial pain syndrome @20%
- Left upper extremity radiculopathy due to cervical spine and left ulna neuropathy left hand fracture @20%
- Right and left Sciatica 10% respectively
- Right shoulder degenerative joint disease @ 10%
- Tinnitus @10%
- MRSA scars head face neck 0%
- PTSD with major depressive disorder and severe alcoholism 100% (monthly house bound status criteria met special monthly)
- PTSD/TBI migraine headaches 30%
- Right and left knee strains 10% respectively
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease @10%
- TBI @10% (status changed to Traumatic Brain Disease) not sure what that status change means other than im royally screwed (alzheimers checks etc etc.
- Perm and Total with all disabilities being labeled Combat related which my MEB was labeled combat related.
- Filed for PDBR May 15th 2017 apparently it was handed to the Air Force for review as I was told the Air Force now handles all branch PDBRs
- Received letter from Randolph Air Force Base that my case was assigned a Docket number September 26, 2017
- June 21, 2018 All necessary documents regarding the case from the VA and service record were collected.
- Email sitrep from USAF Pentagon SAF-MR Mailbox PDBRPA September 24 2018 my case is in "Post Adjudication phase" When I asked for clarification on what Post Adjudication phase meant I was told in the most polite way to "please be patient and we cant discuss your case"
- Am I near the end of the road on this decision being finalized? I was told per some timeline DOD form that I should have had that decision by like late November 2018
- I was told if the decision was favorable (being increased from 10% DOD rating to 30% I would retire) that per the original letter my retro date would be Jan 2009 how true is that information?
- I was told that CRSC would be something I would have to look into (since my Purple Heart made me eligible) but got conflicting reports on whether or not the PDBR would automatically award that if I reached "Medical retirement" or whether I had to apply for it on my own given a favorable decision.
- So if found favorable am I looking at basically collecting two paychecks a month here? Like one from the VA and one from the DOD? Keeping in mind I was separated as an E-5 with just under 6 and a half years in.
"Climb to Glory"