Unusual deposit from VA before scheduled disability payment

lalexanderadams

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all, wondering if anyone else has experienced this.. have been trying to get ahold of the VA 1 800-827-1000 but still busy at 8AM apparently.

I'm 70% VA and was discharged July 30, 2017. I've been receiving $1,481.48 every month like normal. Recently I added a new claim for a condition my VA Hospital found that was ongoing during active duty. According to eBenefits, status is decision letter was sent to me and my disability has changed from 70% to 80% according to eBenefits, but the claim isn't finished yet so I'm not sure if that's an error on eBenefits or not. I look at my Navy Fed account and it shows a pending deposit for $506.29 PPD VACP TREAS 310 XXVA BENEF. Still nothing pending for my usual $1,481.48 so I'm getting worried there was an error. Still trying to get ahold of the VA Benefits and Services.

Often there are adjustments made when an approval is made near the processing month cutoff. However, your case does not seem to fit. The amount you cited is not the diff between 70 and 80% for veteran with spouse for one month...nor two.

Recommend you wait for the official award/decision and the clarification. This is another case where eBenefits causes confusion rather than clarification. Of course, there are many excellent features as well.

I actually just got off the chat on eBenefits and a lady named Penny told me they sent me a decision letter that explains the deposit and that I will still receive my usual payment in a few days. I've been trying to do the math and I can't come up with anything.

Hey man just wanted to know when you received your first payment. I will retire on 30 April 18. I filed my claim 180 days before discharge and I have already been awarded 70% according to Ebenefits website. I have also uploaded my DD214. My effective date of my claim is 2 APR 18, and the VA said that the letter was mailed. Any info would be appreciated.

Same thing happened to me today and looking for advice. Normally 70% 1363 month on the 1st. Changed my direct deposit last month and this month it shows up 5 days early (today) under the same VACP TREAS 310 but they said they didnt see my scheduled payment. Not sure if on the 1st or this Friday when everyone else gets paid if I'll see anything.

I have three different financial institutions which I use for deposits from the federal government. One of them, Navy Federal Credit Union, always shows pending deposits several days prior to the official pay date.

This showed yesterday at NFCU and it is typical:
"A deposit for $xxxx.31 will be available to your e-Checking xxxx 8/31/2018 from PPD VACP TREAS 310 XXVA BENEF ROUTING NO. 111xxxxx."

Another shows pending payments a day prior to the pay date.

The third never shows anything pending.

It depends on the financial institution.

Ron

Added: None of my comments are related to eBenefits. I monitor the activity of my accounts by accessing their webpages (online banking).

Yeah I get if it said pending a day or two before posting but everyone is getting paid this week and the money showed up for the normal monthly about in Monday so I just thought it was weird they paid be 5 days early.

lalexanderadams- just a thought here, what you were paid might potentially have been "back-pay" to date of when rated 80% as small amout of $500 and change or so seems to fit this given the date of post and your stated 80% rating. And the US BVA, sometimes, does in fact pay this "back-pay" and other things before a written rating decision "reaches" the "veteran" in the mail....which can in fact be problematic...in case last minute changes were made by some other US BVA Official!

My advice would be to "place" you money in savings- as one does not want to end up having to deal with the US DVA Debit Management Center, nor DFAS etc.. on a US BVA "potential" mess-up.... it is beyond "painful"..... I suggest see, for example "VA » Debt Management Center -Debt Management Center" at web address: https://va.go /debtman/

Also, remember, as I and numerous other's have been informed by not only US DVA Staff and or US DVA VSO's/ Attorney's- that nothing is official until a "veteran" actually has a "written hard-copy" of any US BVA decision in their own hands...

E-Benefits, as stated by others here this thread, has some "positive-attributes" but claims-adjudication and status is simply not one of them......

Furthermore, I would "keep" any amount of "back-pay" you may receive now or in the future very "close-hold" private information, as dependent on "rating decision" and length of time "issue(s)" was/were deemed "service-connected" can in fact add up to very "hefty" sums of money which can "lead" to a very "wrong-false perceptions" by many.... as it was simply-most likely- due to a mistake made by US BVA, and -or lentgth of time to decide claims (appeals, etc.. US BVA backlog, etc..) the VET is simply being paid money they should have been paid, monthly over time to begin with- but simply now "paid" in "lump sum," with no "accrued" interest due to fault of US BVA (i.e. US BVA receives no "negative" impacts themselves for errors, length time adjudicate claim, the potential pain and suffering on veteran and family due to perhaps errors-length time deciede, etc...).... (Good case in point local area of Gulf Coast VA Sytem/VISN16- Montgomery AL Regional Office [which seems very "selective" on whole host issues- like which vet's claims folders constantly are under review, whom is garnished and whom not....], etc- numerous- vet's have have in fact recived close 50-100(+/-)K USD ($) due to US BVA "mistakes" and/or back-date of claims that took years and/or decades to resolve.....)

lalexanderadams- hope this assist's you as well as other's ....perhaps???

Anyone else having issues this web-site?????

Last edited: