Upcomming C&P for MEB

Tony1701

Registered Member
Hello all, I am new to the site so any information to help is much appreciated.

I am an Army NG AGR that was referred to a MEB for PTSD. I have been struggling with conflicts since I came home from Afghanistan back in 2012. I have been seeing the VA Physiatrist every couple months since so it is well documented. My condition finally got to the point of where it was either get out or get divorced. My family has been taking the brunt of my issues since I tried my best to keep it together at work. The VA has my condition listed as combat related PTSD and MDD.

I have a slew of other issues after being in for the last 14 years active. I am going to my C&P at the end of June and am looking for any pointers. It seems the internet is full of ideas and most of them refer to all these problems at the VA. I have been very fortunate and the MH care I have received wasn't bad. In fact the Phycologist I have now is very good and the head of the department. I am not to worried about that portion of the C&P as he used to do them and he has been documenting my case accordingly.

My biggest concern is that all of my records from my civilian doc have been turned in to my MRNCO who put them in to HRR. I think she has most of it in ALTHA but I have no idea what the VA has and doesn't have that's not MH related.

My other concern is all of the horror stories of bad docs at the C&P exams. So any general pointers would be good.

Thanks

Do you have any combat awards? Purple Heart, Valor or Combat Action badge? or any confirmed stressors? Initial SC and rating is usually much longer exam if everything is documented then its just a lot of repetition from you. Have you familiarized yourself with the PTSD DBQ? That's a good place to start just be honest during your exam don't exaggerate but don't sell yourself short either. Good luck with your claim.

Do you have any combat awards? Purple Heart, Valor or Combat Action badge? or any confirmed stressors? Initial SC and rating is usually much longer exam if everything is documented then its just a lot of repetition from you. Have you familiarized yourself with the PTSD DBQ? That's a good place to start just be honest during your exam don't exaggerate but don't sell yourself short either. Good luck with your claim.

I have been seeing the VA since I got back 7 years ago. I’ve managed to stay in and buy have had constant conflicts since. The Army Physiologist told me 2 years ago she thought I was suffering from PTSD. So it’s pretty well documented. I’ve been going to my civilian providers and getting DBQ’s filled out for everything I am claiming.

I met with my Orthopedic today and he almost seemed offended that I was trying to claim disability on my knees when there isn’t anything wrong with them. Even though he has been inside both of them fixing my miniscus. He half did a exam and said just bend past the pain. It would take a few days to get the paperwork done. Curious to see how badly the paperwork is filled out. I will probably just go They the VA exam and scrap that DBQ.