SHAY1982

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So, here is an update. A fast run down of what happened previously. Start complaining about back in 2015. Went on temporary profile in 2016 and had been on it til sept 2018. Had spinal fusion surgery may 24 2018. Sept 2018 temporary profile turned into a p2 profile but alot of the boxes that were checked were things I still couldnt do. So I go back to my doctor and I'm like cant do these things. His nurse assistant updates the profile which changes it to a p3 profile and now has at the bottom refer to meb. Last week I go to my bh appt and tell her about the update. She looks in the database and is like there us no p3 profile in the system for you but that p2 profile is still n the system. I'm like yes there is I have a copy of it and she goes usually if the p3 isnt showing up anymore it usually means u have already been denied. Keep in mind by this time from the time it has been changed from a p2 to a p3 and now disappeared is like 1week. I call the caseworker that has been assigned to me for being on temporary profile for so long and she goes it's because my case will b presented sept 20th 2018. I feel like she is just lying to me. I also called the nurse who works for the surgeon who did my surgery and she said the same thing that she didnt know why it disappeared but that my case was being presented on Sept 20 2018. bascially I'm just confused. My current ets is jan 19 2019 if they dont meb me. What do I do next. Have yall heard of your p3 profile just randomly disappearing out of the system? No one is giving me exact answers. I just keep getting call back on this day we will have answers by then.
Any advice would be helpful. Still feeling pain in my lower back even after the surgery. Oh yeah and I constantly go to some type of physical therapy or some new treatments they have put on the list for me to try.

Last edited:
Did you have to pay for the surgery yourself? You actice or reserve? Just wondering cause thwy never offered me surgery. They just said your getting med boarded. No questions period.

Active duty no I didnt pay for it. I did everything that could possibly be done before surgery. I did physical therapy several times, shots in the back, chiropractor, accupuncture, medication, tens unit. The last thing that was left was surgery. So I did that as well.

Dang. I wish they would have offered me surgery. Thanks for the help.

No problem. I did the surgery thinking maybe it would help. Even though going in I knew it was a 60/40 chance. I felt like that 40 % was worth the try.

I hear ya. Good luck woth you meb. Hope all goes well. Amd im pretty sure they will keep you in till your meb is over. Meb takes priority over ets i believe from what ive nee. Reading

Awesome man. Thanks and again. I wish the best for you. Rather yoh want a fit or unfit. Thanks for the reply as well.

Thanks will keep yall posted
So, here is an update. A fast run down of what happened previously. Start complaining about back in 2015. Went on temporary profile in 2016 and had been on it til sept 2018. Had spinal fusion surgery may 24 2018. Sept 2018 temporary profile turned into a p2 profile but alot of the boxes that were checked were things I still couldnt do. So I go back to my doctor and I'm like cant do these things. His nurse assistant updates the profile which changes it to a p3 profile and now has at the bottom refer to meb. Last week I go to my bh appt and tell her about the update. She looks in the database and is like there us no p3 profile in the system for you but that p2 profile is still n the system. I'm like yes there is I have a copy of it and she goes usually if the p3 isnt showing up anymore it usually means u have already been denied. Keep in mind by this time from the time it has been changed from a p2 to a p3 and now disappeared is like 1week. I call the caseworker that has been assigned to me for being on temporary profile for so long and she goes it's because my case will b presented sept 20th 2018. I feel like she is just lying to me. I also called the nurse who works for the surgeon who did my surgery and she said the same thing that she didnt know why it disappeared but that my case was being presented on Sept 20 2018. bascially I'm just confused. My current ets is jan 19 2019 if they dont meb me. What do I do next. Have yall heard of your p3 profile just randomly disappearing out of the system? No one is giving me exact answers. I just keep getting call back on this day we will have answers by then.
Any advice would be helpful. Still feeling pain in my lower back even after the surgery. Oh yeah and I constantly go to some type of physical therapy or some new treatments they have put on the list for me to try.

Sept 23 2018
Well friday found out my medical meb was denied they said it was too early after the surgery and to try again in November. Now gonna try and see if I can get meb through behavioral health, otherwise will just wait until November and resubmit for medical meb again. So frustrating.

Ok so they denied my meb Sept 21 2018, they said it was to early and to try again in nov.

Well had an appointment with my ortho surgeon on nov 6. I have finally reached mdrp so he recommended meb again. Now just waiting to see if I wi get approved. Also behavioral health added there request for a meb as well

Well had an appointment with my ortho surgeon on nov 6. I have finally reached mdrp so he recommended meb again. Now just waiting to see if I wi get approved. Also behavioral health added there request for a meb as well
I am assuming they wanted to see if the surgery was successful at first?

Yes that's what it was. So far have completely all of my appointments. Now just waiting for more info from the peblo.

Yes that's what it was. So far have completely all of my appointments. Now just waiting for more info from the peblo.
well best of luck, and I hope the surgery offers you some relief in the future, and as for the current time, may the best possible options be afforded to you!

good to know your meb request was accepted, are they going to extend your contract for you to finish the med process? or your ETS is still 19 JAN 2019, I am just curious to know.

good to know your meb request was accepted, are they going to extend your contract for you to finish the med process? or your ETS is still 19 JAN 2019, I am just curious to know.
normally if not mistaken, they should extend until the MEB Process is complete.