Updated AF case timeline

weeblewobble

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Updated timeline in signature block.

Hi, I'm on the same timeline as you. I submitted to PEB 9 June and received notification via mypers today that PEB sent to VA. I've read that maybe means unfit?

Only had one condition referred to PEB by MEB and claimed 6 additional for the VA.

Hi, I'm on the same timeline as you. I submitted to PEB 9 June and received notification via mypers today that PEB sent to VA. I've read that maybe means unfit?

Only had one condition referred to PEB by MEB and claimed 6 additional for the VA.
I think it does mean unfit, yes. I was given a timeline flow chart when I first met with my PEBLO. On that flow chart it has a column with what the possible steps are from the point of the IPEB. There's a line drawn from the IPEB column to the VA column with "unfit" written across it. So even though I didn't receive anything formal that says I was found unfit, I'm comfortable making that assumption. Here's hoping for a quick turn from the VA for both of us!

If your timeline runs as fast as mine, you should get it back in 2 weeks.

Plus or minus the holiday weekend.

Hoping you all the best results.

Sounds like you are in your final 90 days on AD. Best wishes.

Best wishes in the next chapter of our life!

Called the VA hotline today cause my peblo couldn't find the memo from peb. The VA rep on the phone was able to read it and confirm I was unfit. Just information to pass along if you wanted to call. Otherwise no change, except ebenfits went back to preparation for decision yesterday which seems normal during this part of the process.

It took me 90 days to get my ratings after I was found unfit then I had to continue onwards with a FPEB... mentally prepare yourself for the long haul. It is much less mentally taxing if you have to stay in longer than necessary. I was in an extra 6 months.

I got my ratings and signed Friday. 50/60. Requested a 15 Sep date. Anyone know how long it usually takes for orders? Thanks

Received ratings from PEBLO today. 100% DoD/100% VA! Updated timeline in signature block.

I got my ratings and signed Friday. 50/60. Requested a 15 Sep date. Anyone know how long it usually takes for orders? Thanks

I got mine same day.

I got mine same day.
I'm hoping mine get here this week. I hear from my PEBLO that the AF turns them pretty quick.

I got 20% DoD and 70% VA. Higher than what I thought though. Taking the money and running. I'll be signing tomorrow, gonna wait for the orders, and ride the wave.

Hopefully soon, think 2-3 weeks is more than enough time for outproccesing? I'm sure it's base dependent, just curios. Also did your orders come through vMPF or email?

I out-processed in basically 7 duty days, and i could have done it faster but my PEBLO was great about knowing exactly how many days of permissive I had, how many days of leave, and exactly how it would line up. I probably could have done it in 6 duty days, but then it would have been very awkward final-outing on a Friday given where I was.

In the case of really short outprocessing suspenses like this, has anyone seen any success with having your commander sign an MFR saying you've been found unfit for continued service and are awaiting orders and can begin outprocessing without them? The Army guys apparently are having some success with these memos. Thoughts?

And congrats!!

The only thing you should absolutely need orders for is scheduling your TMO since it needs 30+ days lead time.

There is a memorandum that can be produced called a memo in lieu of orders. I used to see these all the time as the D-Flight commander. The local TMO flight should be able to produce it without any problems.