USAF MEB Retired awaiting VA Rating post IDES/MEB

usafkid

Registered Member
Situation
- I got a proposed dod rating 90% and va rating 100% around Dec22-Jan23.
- Spoke with legal to go over the ratings just in case i needed to address anything.
- I met with my peblo and va officer @ MTF to finalize and sign the ratings and paperwork.
- I medically retired 02/07/2023.
- Gave my DD214 copy 4 to VA officer @ MTF with a stamp of retrieval 02/08/2023.

Can anyone give insight on how long it should take for those proposed ratings to be reviewed/approved??
Thank you very much in advance.

My wife's proposed rating was finalized 5 weeks after she officially retired. So my guess would be Mid March.

You received AD DoD pay in February, so you are not entitled to VA pay for February. You will receive VA for March. VA pay is paid in arrears. Meaning your first check will arrive in April for March.

You received AD DoD pay in February, so you are not entitled to VA pay for February. You will receive VA for March. VA pay is paid in arrears. Meaning your first check will arrive in April for March.
So my last check for 01-08feb2023 prevents me from recieving entitlement for the rest of February?! Wow... i knew you got paid on the 1st for the month prior. But i did not know getting a partial check means your not entitled for that whole month.. thanks for shedding light on that gray area.

You stated
- I medically retired 02/07/2023.
I took that to mean you received DoD pay for the first seven days of February. If that is correct, you are ineligible for VA in February, so no check should arrive in March for February VA benefits. If that is correct, you will received March VA benefits in April.

You stated

I took that to mean you received DoD pay for the first seven days of February. If that is correct, you are ineligible for VA in February, so no check should arrive in March for February VA benefits. If that is correct, you will received March VA benefits in April.
Yes I did. Thank you for your response and clarity. Greatly appreciated