CollinT01

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Med Board Process:

-07/31/18 Dr put in for med board

-08/01/18 Met with peblo

-08/02/18 Met with Med Board attorney

-10/09/18 Final VA appointment

-10/10/18 Turned in NMA, Signed all addendums, C&P exams, and submitted package to PEB

-10/19/18 Mol notified me that my medical board case has been accepted by the PEB

I will update this post as soon as I recieve any further information.

Thanks for sharing. Best wishes. Mike

any new updates? your last step posted is where I currently am. I'm wondering how long after found in-fit I will be out?
Unfortunately as of today I still have not heard back from anyone about my findings. I am close to my original EAS so i had a CO interview yesterday and my CO said he will look into my medboard status. But as of a month ago when I last spoke with my medboard lawyer he said people thats started the process after me were getting their findings. Not sure why mine is taking so long. I have two addendums with my main injury as well as 18 things i claimed for my VA disability. Not sure if thats why but I will update this thread as soon as I find out.

Unfortunately as of today I still have not heard back from anyone about my findings. I am close to my original EAS so i had a CO interview yesterday and my CO said he will look into my medboard status. But as of a month ago when I last spoke with my medboard lawyer he said people thats started the process after me were getting their findings. Not sure why mine is taking so long. I have two addendums with my main injury as well as 18 things i claimed for my VA disability. Not sure if thats why but I will update this thread as soon as I find out.
have you tried to call the VA for updates, I literally called every day. then after I got information I called my PEBLO with the information and he gave me the rest of the information needed.

have you tried to call the VA for updates, I literally called every day. then after I got information I called my PEBLO with the information and he gave me the rest of the information needed.
If you dont mind me asking what number did you call for the VA

Hello all!
Sorry this took so long but

-3/5/19 Received call for findings and scheduled a meeting for 7th

-3/7/19 I submitted a rebuttal for my findings

I won’t explain all the details but VA gave me 100% but DOD gave me 20% for an orthopedic issue. I had a mental health addendum in but dr did a poor job with diagnosis in addendum so I am having my current psychiatrist write another one for my appeal. I recieved 100% for this MH condition so im expecting atleast 30% if not higher.

Any information on how a claim percent correlates to the DOD percent? Should I expect 100% DOD?

any new updates? your last step posted is where I currently am. I'm wondering how long after found in-fit I will be out?
I just added new information to the post finally!

-3/5/19 Received call for findings and scheduled a meeting for 7th

-3/7/19 I submitted a rebuttal for my findings

**UPDATE**

-6/11/19 I recieved my Formal board results...took away my 20% for shoulder and found me fit.
-6/21/19 Signed fit for duty findings
-6/24/19 submitted new medboard for back (only claimed with VA first time)
-9/11/19 final VA appointment
-10/02/19 Turned in NMA, Signed all addendums, C&P exams, and submitted package to PEB
-10/03/19 MOL notified me that PEB accepted my case
-

**UPDATE**

-6/11/19 I recieved my Formal board results...took away my 20% for shoulder and found me fit.
-6/21/19 Signed fit for duty findings
-6/24/19 submitted new medboard for back (only claimed with VA first time)
-9/11/19 final VA appointment
-10/02/19 Turned in NMA, Signed all addendums, C&P exams, and submitted package to PEB
-10/03/19 MOL notified me that PEB accepted my case
-
So they found you unFIT at IPEB but fit at FPEB? What was your final outcome?

So they found you unFIT at IPEB but fit at FPEB? What was your final outcome?
Yes, unfortunately they found me unfit for my refering condition but not my addendum so I took it to a formal board but they found me fit for both. My newest update is that 12/02/19 Received unfit fining but awaiting VA %. Still have not heard back yet about official findings.

Yes, unfortunately they found me unfit for my refering condition but not my addendum so I took it to a formal board but they found me fit for both. My newest update is that 12/02/19 Received unfit fining but awaiting VA %. Still have not heard back yet about official findings.
Why did you do a formal board if you were found unfit

Glad they got it correct the third time. Best of luck to you.

Why did you do a formal board if you were found unfit
I only received 20% for one condition and wanted 30% so i only needed 10% with another condition to get medical retired to keep tricare for life and family.