USMC Migraines Unfit for Duty

Jaime0523

Registered Member
Has anyone been found unfit for duty for migraines? AND/OR can they be considered unfitting?

I had a TBI and have seizures and migraines. I was only rated for seizures at 20% (unfitting) but the BCNR said the migraines are not unfitting. The migraines are totally disabling even to this day, all documented. I was discharged in 2004 and have been back and forth with the BCNR several times over the last 15 years. The 20% rating was just issued recently.

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was just found unfit at 30% by the Va and DOD on Aug 6 2018. I am requesting a VARR for an increase attempting to get to 50%. I am in the USAF and because I receive Botox and other medications that are difficult to receive in austere locations I was found unfit due to inability to deploy.

Jaime0523

Registered Member
I was just found unfit at 30% by the Va and DOD on Aug 6 2018. I am requesting a VARR for an increase attempting to get to 50%. I am in the USAF and because I receive Botox and other medications that are difficult to receive in austere locations I was found unfit due to inability to deploy.
Just to confirm...you received 30% from DoD for migraines that made you unfit? I wonder why they said mine were not unfitting??? I have the evidence and was med evaced from Okinawa for it. This is so frustrating!!

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Correct sir. 30% Migraines - unfitting. (Many other ratings, but no TBI or such)

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I had a member that was found unfit for migraines at 30%, she was AF. The Navy/USMC always leans toward fit. There is a huge discrepancy between the services. Two hundred forty-four years of service unimpeded by progress.

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Migraines are one of the most common appeals before the BVA as well it was even noted by the judge in my case where she granted 50%. Are you rated by the VA for your migraines and what is your percentage?

Beergod0352

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Nobody’s unfit for duty in the Corps for migraines. That’s what 800mg of Motrin is for.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">