GWT

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Aug 28, 2020 - 2nd round of LIMDU ended
Nov 17, 2020 - referred to Med Board
December 8-10 2020 - QTC exams
January 10ish 2021 - NMA signed and sent
January 28, 2021 - VA reports complete and PEBLO sent package to Headquarters

I’ve been calling the VA once a week to ask for a preliminary rating but they say it’s still in the “collecting information” phase even though all the reports have been written. I’ve read that some have gotten a proposed rating before their package is even sent to HQ. Is this normal? I’ll continue calling. My VA contact is terrible at responding so I just call the number on their website and navigate to the Claims center.

I’ll post updates as they come.

GWT

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Aug 28, 2020 - 2nd round of LIMDU ended
Nov 17, 2020 - referred to Med Board
December 8-10 2020 - QTC exams
January 10ish 2021 - NMA signed and sent
January 28, 2021 - VA reports complete and PEBLO sent package to Headquarters

I’ve been calling the VA once a week to ask for a preliminary rating but they say it’s still in the “collecting information” phase even though all the reports have been written. I’ve read that some have gotten a proposed rating before their package is even sent to HQ. Is this normal? I’ll continue calling. My VA contact is terrible at responding so I just call the number on their website and navigate to the Claims center.

I’ll post updates as they come.
Feb 22, 2021 - MOL says on my BIR that my PEB case was accepted. Still waiting to hear back from the VA rating team. I’ve been calling my MSC once a week.

GWT

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Feb 22, 2021 - MOL says on my BIR that my PEB case was accepted. Still waiting to hear back from the VA rating team. I’ve been calling my MSC once a week.
Feb 22, 2021 - VA.gov says my decision is ready. Called my MSC and found out my proposed rating from the VA. Now just waiting on the board on their fit/unfit decision.

MEBNOLA

Registered Member
Did you find the "Your medical board case has been accepted by the PEB for action." on mol the day it was posted? Or did it say it was posted a few days before? Cuz I saw my acceptance msg the week after it was posted and my VA.gov has yet to change. Also do you call the VA around your duty station or is there like a general number?

GWT

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
MOL doesn’t tell me exactly when my case was accepted, but VA.gov showed me that my claim was finished on Feb 18. I didn’t see that until yesterday, Feb 23. (I was checking about every 3rd day). I was calling my MSC’s number with her extension. It was the local VA at Pendleton, because we don’t have a VA contact in Yuma. The MSC should have an extension for you in their signature for emails, or I’d call the general VA number and they can see your file and who your MSC is and get their number.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">