USMC Promotion Staff NCO

Apollyon

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Just trying to see if anyone has seen any clarification on this as I haven't been able to find any. So I got selected (E-6) and my seniority number came up as of April 1 and obviously was not promoted which I get. I am currently in a limdu status and waiting on to be switched to a MEB (NMA is still routing and waiting for the MO to sign one last thing.) However, the promotion manual MCO P1400.32D W/CH 1 - 2 states "Marines who have been selected and are pending a decision by the Physical Evaluation Board for a fitness for duty determination will be presented their certificates of appointment, and their promotions will be effected, if otherwise qualified." But, due to MARADMIN 334/20 stating all selected E-6 now need 24 months obligated service and that MCO P1400.32D W/CH 1 - 2 will be changed/updated I have yet to see the update unless I've missed it somewhere. But I have a friend who is in the same boat as me but just got his results back for the PEB he told me his S-1 was working/looking into getting him promoted, but were unsure due to the MARADMIN just flat out saying they have to have 24 months obligated service. So does anyone know if the medical side is still like an overall extenuating factor as I read it obviously if I wasn't being put on a MEB/PEB I'd have re-enlisted and met the 24 months obligated service to obtain the promotion and continue my Marine Corps Career?

Do you have a JAG representing your interest?

If so talk to him or her about what to expect. I know a Marine whose promotion was withheld until the last day of his orders, then he was promoted. This process negatively effects high -3, but is irrelevant because many members under 20 YOS end up only with their VA benefits becuase there VA is higher than their medical retirement. There are exceptions, so talk to your JAG about your case.

Do you have a JAG representing your interest?

If so talk to him or her about what to expect. I know a Marine whose promotion was withheld until the last day of his orders, then he was promoted. This process negatively effects high -3, but is irrelevant because many members under 20 YOS end up only with their VA benefits because there VA is higher than their medical retirement. There are exceptions, so talk to your JAG about your case.
Thank you. I have got an appointment with my base legal in just over 2 weeks with regards to this.

Best wishes