USMC TIMELINE AND MEB QUESTION

afterburntout

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
After meeting with my IDES attorney I am confused, I should be sending my findings off to the MEB (I just completed my C&P this last week) here in the upcoming week. However the IDES lawyer ahs me a bit confused. Will the MEB determine me UNFIT, or does the PEB determine me UNFIT. And what is the normal timeline to hear just those results? Thanks in advance!

trini123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The PEB finds you FIT/UNFIT. The MEB is at your local hospital that refers you to the PEB. All your C&P exams has to be completed before it's sent to the PEB. I started 10 DEC 2018 and my case was forwarded to the PEB 21 MAR 2019. I did not get a sleep study until 28 FEB, that was the reason my case took so long.

afterburntout

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Gotcha. So I haven’t signed my anything to be sent to the MEB, but timeline wise it’s going to take 2 months ish to find out if I’m staying in or getting out? Not too concerned with %’s as much as hearing fit/unfit.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">