USMCR - not sure where to begin

Have you considered a cardiologist? I'd want to know more about my ticker before punching my ticket, unless your want out anyway.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Below from Thread Force10 at: http://pebforum.com/threads/syncope.43292/

Wow, Force10- have no idea if unfit or not, and with changes to whole process and US Military Directive to "separate" non-deployable personnel within a year -think you are in right place to ask these questions.

Heart and blood pressure issues are nothing to mess around with as can lead to other, worse conditions, such a stroke, brain damage etc....

Hopefully, a SuperModerator, such as GSFolwer, this site will "chime" in and give you good advice not only on this condition, but given "changie's" system- on how you should proceed or get "pro-active" / "take the initiative" or not!

I would, personally, ensure while still on "active" duty you get the "best" treatment you can, before being "transitioned" to the most "awesome" care of the US Department of Veterans Affairs or US DVA.

I personally, know a veteran whom the US DVA/Gulf Coast VA system, has said they either have a bad section of heart and/or heart mumior- but have botched it every time- both in US DVA/ Gulf Coast VA System and "outside" Cardiology Group- they (gulf Coast VA) sent this veteran to......!!!! Tragically,this is path you might be headed.... "care of" the US DVA!!!!

Sorry to hear about your condition and hope GSFowler or other SuperModerator' "join" in nd give you some good advice and can perhaps lay out a good "glide" path for you ahead of time.....

Best of luck......
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Beans30xxx: recommend ChaplianCharlies advice as per quoted above. Also as same applies posted Force10- I would get as much resolved as possible, before have to rely on US DVA....!!!! The veteran I mentioned above, receiving less than adequate care from Gulf Coast VA, also developed a "blood-clot" in their leg, that led to "pulmoniary" embolism and hospitalization, etc.....

I would not wish that on anyone, after seeing and hearing this "vet's" stories, regarding all that.....

Bottom-line: Does not matter what anyone, other than you think, and if once a good Marine, probably still a good Marine, but time comes for us all- sadly- cannot play with Uncle Sam's toy's anymore.... and it is Very "literally" speaking YOUR LIFE and current as well as future physical health (which affects your ability to do a whole host of things) at stake regardless of ratings, retirement, etc..... (A lot of folks are under the wrong impression that being rated 100% Disabled is some honor, or gift....as if truly disabled cannot do a whole lot of things once enjoyed nor attain goals, once possibly set!!!!! So if have opportunity to get out in fornt of this and minimize or fix it early on... that is perhaps the wisest course!!!!)

So I guess as per US Army Aviation you may either want or not want to per band "Rainbow" and song "Rainbow - Catch The Rainbow (1975)" courtesy YouTube at:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3VgV31vmUE

Just my two cents....... and hope helps, in some small way......

Last edited: